No more for the Ford Ranger

MJRemi

It really pisses me off that Ford is doing this, They update the living Sh** out of the ones that are sold in europe, giving them turbo-diesels, touchscreen navigation systems, high clearance suspension, and for a mere $28,000.00 USD. Then you look at the ones we have here, and they don't even come close in comparison with the options. Then Ford wonders why the hell their sales are down :hmm: in the US and closes the plant, killing over 800 great american jobs :fs1: :headpop: . I happen to own a 1998 Ranger myself, that my Grandfather purchased new in '97. Nothing feels as good as knowing that money went straight back into the local economy. Its a real tragedy that plant is going down, I visited there many times to take tours, and enjoyed watching them being built.

So long Ford Ranger :cry:

The compact truck market fell with the struggle to have the "Biggest" Biggest towing capacity, engine, interior, payload capacity, bed room... Once you got to where we are now, the biggest draw of the compact truck was no more. Sensible truck, with good fuel mileage.

We americanized the crap out of the market. V8 in a small truck? Why?

Rob

I am not going to lie, I loath my company 2010 ranger. It is cramped with a terribly uncomfortable split bench, 4cyl attached to a pathetic 4 speed automatic that finds shifting difficult and the doors are not long enough resulting in a terrible blind spot.

I can see why my company buys them. These trucks are deemed to have a 200k mile lifespan. Only a few have been scrapped before then. It also gets 20-25 mpg.

It is sad to see it go. I think the US auto manufactures really missed some great opportunities with compact truck. Simply building them with some of the same technology as their big brothers could have yielded something amazing.