PARAGON IS CLOSED!

STROKERMJ

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/savePAP/

Paragon AP is in danger of being shutdown by the land owner, they wanna push Paragon out and sell the land to a developer, the land-owner is trying to "void" their lease.....

http://www.paragonap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11673

PLEASE SHOW YOUR SUPPORT, east coast wheelin is quickly going away.

STROKERMJ[/url]

There was a big writeup on a local board, it has nothing to do with the owners of the park. The ppl who auctually own the land want to sell it, and since it is private land, there isnt much we as wheelers can do about it, unless we pool our money and buy up the whole piece of land

Oh, poop.

I was under the impression that the Paragon folks actually owned the land. I didn't realize they just lease it. That area seems to be growing, so it's not a surprise the owners would want to go for a bigger/better deal if they can get one.

Always remember the second rule of real estate: "If you like the view, buy it."

(The first rule, of course, is: "The three most important things in real estate are location, location, and location.")

I believe they have a 25yr lease. They are only a couple years into that.

Apparently the land owner is tring to evict them. He/they feel PAP has broken the lease...

Hopefully the PAP folks ahve their "T"s crossed and all "I"'s dotted. This will be a legal battle all the way.

I sincerely hope the PAP folks can continue a great thing they have going down there!!

CW

It's the same thing here in Canada.At least in Alberta anyway.Only ours are government owned lands and the environmentalists are having a say in shutting our trails down.We've lost some good trails and 4x4 parks because of them. :mad:

I am sure theowners of that land have consulted a lawyer, and I am sure this is all going to play out in court. Where PAP is located is in prime industrial area, and with that... industry. They are also close to the interstate, which means that land is worth a fortune to the right company especially with the local economy trying to bring in revenue.

My local club, Jonfund, has been there now 5 times I believe. We have an annual event there in August, we call CoolRide. Its gotten some major mag coverage.

There are trails for EVERYONE!!!

PAP is a awesome place!!!

Here is a couple for 2003 and 2004:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Here is some from last year:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

If your close enough to drive there, its defineately worth the trip!!

CW

CW

I think the petition is a great idea, but this is a legal issue with the land owners and the Operators of PAP. The petition in no way will affect the outcome of the court battle.

If the operators of PAP did an IPO I think they could raise the money to buy the land and then there would be no issue

Rausch Creek is just a couple of exits farther south off I-81, but it's a smaller park and doesn't have developed campgrounds anywhere nearby. Paragon was also close enough to Hazleton that there were some motels not too far away -- I don't know what's near Rausch Creek. Nonetheless, it looks like Rausch Creek is going to be the default location for wheeling in that area..