4.9 stroker

http://www.titanengines.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9512&products_id=15758&zenid=0ke0aacbccebtj9q8ecgfd3k90 can some one please look at this and tell me if its worth the money before a save up for it

You need to save your money. Go to jeepstrokers, do a search for titanengines, you will find your answer.

i bought a titan motor (not stroker) little over a year ago. installed it in the comanche drove it less than 100 miles then drove 8 hours straight to North carolina.havent had any troubles with it yet, i've driven it back and forth to Florida several times since then.i paid 1200$ for it. about the same i paid to have my 4.2 rebuilt

just my 2 cents

4 grand. :ack:

If I had 4gs to burn, I would find myself a few more MJs for the yard. Who needs that much power in a MJ anyway? It would be fun in all, but I just like driving them. I don't care if they had 20 HP. As long as they will do 55, I'm good.

comanche.gif

what they are saying is true, if you want more power gear down the axles.

i was running 4.10's with 33's could run 50 mph in 5th gear AX-15

i just changed out rear ends and have 3.55's TEMOPARILY and i can barley use 5th gear now

any slight up grade and i gota hit 4th, on a semi steep road 3rd.

in my yj i run 4.56's with lockers and 34 in swampers and sling mud everywhere.

4.88's (IMHO) with 33's if you do any road driving is to low. again my opinion :)

If I had 4gs to burn, I would find myself a few more MJs for the yard. Who needs that much power in a MJ anyway? It would be fun in all, but I just like driving them. I don't care if they had 20 HP. As long as they will do 55, I'm good. comanche.gif

Obviously you've never driven a great running stroker. :D The expression on the ricer turbo drivers with their dual fart cans is priceless. And I was fortunate to get the Hesco crate when they were below $2.8K a few years ago. They are crazy expensive now, but are by far the best.

Gearing, gearing, gearing.

This is very true. But gearing AND a stroker is so much better. :chillin:

To the OP. My advice is is to go 4.6L/4.7L max if you ever buy a stroker. The total HP/Torque isn't than much greater in the 4.9, and you still have enough cylinder wall to bore it out again should you need to.

I was running 36x13.5R15 IROK's in my old Cherokee with a stock Renix 4.0 and AW4. I was running 4.56's and could easily hit 80 on the highway (tires shook like hell around 73 so I limited to that at fastest usually), could easily sling the mud also. The only issue I had with pulling out full size trucks was due to the weight difference, had enough power.

The expression on the ricer turbo drivers with their dual fart cans is priceless. And I was fortunate to get the Hesco crate when they were below $2.8K a few years ago. They are crazy expensive now, but are by far the best.

i think I'm going to save up and get a 4.7 from hesco with a aluminum head so mine will be nicer then hornbrod's

:wrench: build one thats what i did :brows: i've got a kit from AP and very pleased with the results :yes: not sure what happened there :dunno: but like i said was pleased until the freaking fender bender :fs1: which has force this to be my project mj. :yes:

i think I'm going to save up and get a 4.7 from hesco with a aluminum head so mine will be nicer then hornbrod's

Well, good luck to you mate. :cheers: The present $2K alloy head price I hear from Hesco will be dropping soon. If it drops far enough, I'll jump on it. A dyno tuned Unichip on a stroker is a better (read more economical) way to get those extra ponies than the alloy head at present.

When you get your rig finished, let me know. I'll even come up there and we'll see which one is "nicer". Bring your wallet too. :cheers:

If I had 4gs to burn, I would find myself a few more MJs for the yard. Who needs that much power in a MJ anyway? It would be fun in all, but I just like driving them. I don't care if they had 20 HP. As long as they will do 55, I'm good. comanche.gif

Obviously you've never driven a great running stroker. :D The expression on the ricer turbo drivers with their dual fart cans is priceless. And I was fortunate to get the Hesco crate when they were below $2.8K a few years ago. They are crazy expensive now, but are by far the best.

I have a full size diesel pickup. You havent felt power till you drive a cranked up late model diesel! Yes someday when I win the lottery, I will buy a stroker. But it will be in a 2wd SWB MJ with a 5-speed.

Wallet? Why not the Comanche title...

That can work too. :D

I have a full size diesel pickup. You havent felt power till you drive a cranked up late model diesel! Yes someday when I win the lottery, I will buy a stroker. But it will be in a 2wd SWB MJ with a 5-speed.

Aye, the magic words "someday when I win the lottery". Ain't likely that will happen for either one of us unfortunately, so we do the best we can with the resources available. Such is life: reality vs. fantasy. :(

When you get your rig finished, let me know. I'll even come up there and we'll see which one is "nicer". Bring your wallet too. :cheers:

how about we just do it for fun after i get it done i won't have alot of money and i love my jeepy

One of my good friends last week won a $2 million lottery scratch off. LMAO when he complained about the tax withholding of slightly over 50%.

Don't give up on your lottery hopes just yet!

As for me, I'd just like to win a cig smoking dog or have a good college football team but I tend to aim low.

As for me, I'd just like to win a cig smoking dog or have a good college football team but I tend to aim low.

My avatar is an old picture. Gus the Cocker Spaniel quit smoking about three months ago and has been cranky since then. He's now into chasing down and killing any vermin that come in the yard, even more than before. This includes geese and ducks, beavers, snakes, gophers, snapping turtles, and certain people. He hasn't succeeded in taking out any intruding people yet, but he's working on it. Because of his efforts however, he's caused a couple of lawsuits I am dealing with. None of the other vermin have filed a suit; thankful for that.

And yes, we do have a good 'Bama football team, unlike the girly Vols north of us. In this regard it's clear to see why you aim low. :yes: