1987/2000 Comanche Limited

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it! What color is that?

I can't remember the paint code off of the top of my head but, it's "Gunmetal" under the dupont chromabase paint, it's the same light blue they used on cherokees from 97'-98'

I had the green version of that shade on my XJ. Not sure you know or remember it (there pretty rare, fewer than the blue). Always wanted that blue.

Love it! What color is that?

I can't remember the paint code off of the top of my head but, it's "Gunmetal" under the dupont chromabase paint, it's the same light blue they used on cherokees from 97'-98'

I had the green version of that shade on my XJ. Not sure you know or remember it (there pretty rare, fewer than the blue). Always wanted that blue.

I didn't even know they made that color, I looked it up on NAXJA, "emerald green" sound right?Only for showed for 97' if so that is a nice color

I've been meaning to ask, I thought I seen somewhere your truck originally was built in NC? Any idea where or any original build blog?

Since getting the truck painted, I have now started to do some things in the interior, mos tof this stuff will eventually come back out as I plan to rebuild the hvac system once I have the truck running

Mounted the interior fuse panel

Driver's seatbelt

passenger's seatbelt and airbag module

Dash

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, this is Mark, I have been converting my 87' Sportruck to a 1999 and have finally got to the wiring. I have a couple of questions to the guys who have done this project before or are doing it now. First, since the XJ harness has splits into two harnesses for the tail lights and the MJ is one up untill the rear bumper, would I just cut say the XJs passenger side tail light harness and only use the driver's side to mate to the MJs?

Also, I have the pigtail for the MJ which only has four wires (I removed the fuel pump lines) which are BLUE, BROWN, BROWN/WHITE, and GREY/BLACK.

Now, all that I need to know is which wires from the MJ will cordinate to those ;of the XJ which hase eight wires, BROWN/WHITE, GREEN/RED, BROWN/GREEN, BLACK, WHITE/TAUPE, BROWN/YELLOW,BROWN/RED, and RED/ORANGE

Of these eight wires on the XJs female three terminate and don't crossover to the XJs male, is there any reason for this?

All this for these two plugs to fit each other

When I plug in the black ground from the driver's tail light to the MJ male pigtale, I will have five wires in the mj and five in the xj, I plan on using the mj male and female pigtail with the xj wires inserted in the mj female pigtale.

If no one can understand my jibberish I will try to clarify :nuts:

• 2 months later...

Maybe some pics tomorrow, I havn't gave up on the mj.... I've got most of the interior in and I have the engine and tranny both in, so since I'll have some time off this week I can hopefully get this thing running here soon

Change out the XJ connectors for weather proof ones.

Extend the MJ wiring to reach the XJ connectors.

Make the top bulb on the MJ the brake lights.

Make the lower bulbs the turn signals.

Wire the two parking lights together the keep both top and bottom bulbs lit.

This will mimic the way the XJ lights are wired.

I did this to Onyx and it was easy to do. I do not think you can get the stock XJ wiring to just plug into the MJ wiring and not have the lights fight each other.

• 4 weeks later...

Great build nice work. :clapping: What mods did ya do to fit the seats with the rear mounting points, as the MJ floor is stepped . New to the site, have been following yours and many others builds with great interest. Will post pics of my build tonight.

Thanks alot, I haven't mounted the rear seat brackets yet, I have power seats so as soon as I get some power to the truck I will do that and post, there are a couple other 97+ swaps that may shed some light on that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Wow, I can't believe its been since January, but I have the comanche running and driving, took it out on the town a couple time lol, but I have had life get in the way lol and a couple other projects, I'll post a couple pictures of her in the current state but still a long way from where I want it (long arms, 35s, lockers, ect)