Need help with tire sizes...

you still might have some minor rubbing on the control arms (with stock rims) or fenders (aftermarket rims) when the steering is at full lock. WJ arms can cure the former. Trimming the later.

or you can ignore it. :D

you still might have some minor rubbing on the control arms (with stock rims) or fenders (aftermarket rims) when the steering is at full lock. WJ arms can cure the former. Trimming the later.

Would I need to replace both the upper and lower control arms?

Side note, which do you prefer AT or MT?

Would I need to replace both the upper and lower control arms?

Side note, which do you prefer AT or MT?

i think only need replace LCA

well for at or mt. its depend. Are you go wheeling it alot? or most on road as daily drive?

just the lowers. the WJ arms have a bend in them to clear the tires and only need minor mods to install.

MT or AT is entirely a preferential thing. all my Jeeps have a manual trans.

Sorry I should have specified better, do you prefer mud terrain tires or all terrain tires better? Pros and Cons?

if you run the roads a lot, get ATs. if your offroad a lot, get MTs. simple as that but really you can do whatever you want. ATs will give you good on road manners and some offroad traction. MTs will give a loud hum on the road and wear faster (some say) but give great off road traction. if you just keep the MTs at a decent psi and make sure it stays aligned, they'll do fine on road.

If you go all terrain, one of the best tires, especially for the price would be the Yokohama Geolander A/T. They are highly rated, and very nicely priced, especially at http://www.tirerack.com . I have a set of them on my Hyundai Tucson, and plan on buying a set for the MJ next spring in either a 31 or a 32. Good luck, let us know what you end up with.

If you need an M/T, only an M/T will do. If the conditions you wheel in do not require them, A/T's are probably a better bang for the buck IMHO.

- M/T's generally perform less then great on wet or snow covered pavement or on ice ( none of which may be an issue where you live) with a few exceptions. Their large void areas and lugs that generally have little or no siping are the reason.

- M/T's are generally louder than A/T's if that is an issue for you. Blame those same large void areas for cupping air and slamming it against the pavement in simplistic terms.

- in the same size M/T's generally weigh more than A/T's effecting a number of performance items

- in the same size M/T's generally cost more than an A/T

However, even the aggressive A/T's tend to suck badly when it comes to muddy trails or pure mud. Anyone who says a BFG or Yoko or Nitto A/T do well in mud hasn't been in the kind of mud to which I am referring. Remember many of the off-road rags are Kali-based and that area is not known for mud. JP or a silmilar rag once did a "mud tire comparo" using a two-car length section of ditch along side of a parking lot... :roll:

A 31" tire only gives up 1/2 of an inch to a 32" tire in actual ground clearance as 1/2 of the difference is above the axle centerline at ay given time. 31x10.5 is a good choice for a smaller lift I think.

MTs do give quite a hum from my experience.

Hum?

ROAR is more like it. I tried them once -- unbearable.

That's what 1200 watt amplifiers and 48 inch speakers are for. And the portable generator mounted in the bed. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...