Another Project:

Sir Sam

Picked this guy up today, $2000, 2000 with 188k on it. Needs a thorough cleaning inside and out, kinda needs the roof repainted. Needs brakes, valve cover gasket, pass Ujoint etc etc. Hopefully I can get something like $3700-4000 out of it.

red1.jpg

red2.jpg

red3.jpg

Lol. I don't see any dents. No caved in roof. Price seems decent. Hope you can get 3700 out of it. Would give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside that my 01 with 185k on it is still worth something...

I sold my wrecked and repaired(but clean title) 165k mile 2000 white freedom for $3600 back in February(in 9 days). I sold my basic 96 Sport with 145k and a 48k engine back in october for $2600 in 11 hours, I had people beating down my door for that one. I sold my green 2000 sport back in august for $3700 in 9 days. The mileage may be a little higher on this one than those others but it hasn't been wrecked and will look amazing by the time I am done with it.

red5.jpg

red6.jpg

red7.jpg

red8.jpg

red9.jpg

red10.jpg

red11.jpg

red12.jpg

red13.jpg

red14.jpg

red15.jpg

red16.jpg

As you can see its dirty and it needs a little love, I'll end up repainting the roof on it I'm pretty sure, it just wouldn't be something I flip if it didn't need some paint I suppose.

red15.jpg

As you can see its dirty and it needs a little love, I'll end up repainting the roof on it I'm pretty sure, it just wouldn't be something I flip if it didn't need some paint I suppose.

Jeesh, what caused that Sam? Acid rain?

red15.jpg

Jeesh, what caused that Sam? Acid rain?

Man I still dunno what caused that. and I don't know why its only on the roof and not anywhere else. My only thought is that stuff from a tree landed on it, and the rest of the vehicle got washed but that stuff didn't get cleaned off the roof. I'm not sure what else to think, its pretty odd.

Spent some time today and I think I got the brakes all sorted out, will do a final adjustment on the rear drums tomorrow and then move onto the cooling system.

I don't understand how people let stuff get this bad:

red17.jpg

painted a set of wheels I will put on it with new(er) tires, found a paint chip that matched my silverstars paint dead on, I went the cheaper route on paint and it doesn't match like the more expensive diamont likely would have. In any case, it's still a pretty good wheel paint choice, it looks awesome in the sun.

red18.jpg

red19.jpg

red20.jpg

red21.jpg

red22.jpg

red23.jpg

red24.jpg

red25.jpg

red26.jpg

red27.jpg

Nice work with the rims. I've always liked the newer style XJ's with the Ecco rims...well any stock alloy rim that they came with make them look so much better than the cheap steelies.

I agree better than the steelies, but those steelies don't look bad when painted with fresh silver. And I tell you this, the stock steelies look a helluva lot better than those damm soft 8s /cragars everyone is always putting on. IMO those look about 1000x times worse than a stock steel silver wheel.

Did the roof rack look like it had been used much? I could see some skis / snowboards chipping the paint like that but not denting the roof if they were just thrown up there and tied down.

No not really, they had a rooftop carrier up there which cause other issues but no other signs of use up high.

I've seen other late model XJs that had rust issues on the roof but nowhere else. I'm starting to think it was a factory defect issue (like the paint on my 00 dakota).

This is the first time I have ever seen this problem on an XJ of this vintage, I've seen it on older chryslers from back aroudn 90-95 where the paint flaked off and left the bare body, but never on anything this new.

Nice work with the rims. I've always liked the newer style XJ's with the Ecco rims...well any stock alloy rim that they came with make them look so much better than the cheap steelies.

I agree better than the steelies, but those steelies don't look bad when painted with fresh silver. And I tell you this, the stock steelies look a helluva lot better than those damm soft 8s /cragars everyone is always putting on. IMO those look about 1000x times worse than a stock steel silver wheel.

No kidding. I saw a lifted XJ SE with the base steel rims that came on those. Probably had 31's or 32's on it and I thought that combo looked great...very utilitarian.

No kidding. I saw a lifted XJ SE with the base steel rims that came on those. Probably had 31's or 32's on it and I thought that combo looked great...very utilitarian.

Ya I like utilitarian looking wheels, but those cragars just look terrible to me.

I had a white 00 SE about 3 years ago that I flipped, It had those base steel wheels, they were ugly as hell when I first got it, but I sprayed them with some rattle ran silver and then repainted the hubcaps black, clean it up very nicely, by the time I repainted the fender flares black and did the end caps and bumpers in black it looked really sharp for being a base model.

For the record, even though we both know the wheels we are talking about, I am referring to these:

base2.jpg

And these are the regular base model wheels, which I think look nice with a fresh coat of paint:

flat-five.jpg

Of course all of that and more is available in the Jeep Wheels Guide located here:

http://colorado4wheel.com/images/jeepwh ... index.html

But I'm really starting to like the look of these charger steelies, very utilitarian looking IMO:

Image Not Found

Image Not Found