Great Timing!

MJRemi

I just spent 10 days in Sequim, Washington which to me is paradise. It is also Jeep country (and Subaru). I could not believe how many XJs I saw as well as 3 MJs. This is a story about an MJ I saw on my 9th day.

At 11:00 am, the day before I fly back to San Diego, I'm driving with my family on a country road surrounded by farms. This road is four minutes from where we have been staying. Parked in a field, next to a driveway, I see a Comanche with a "For Sale" sign in the windshield. Like each of you would be compelled to do, I stopped to check it out. No one was home and I got voicemail when I dialed the contact number. I left a message and decided to take photos of this MJ due to it's equipment options, which to certain members, would be reason enough to buy this truck.

1986 XLS 4X4 Auto

2.8 V6 w/86,000 original miles

AMC 20

Metric Tonne

Factory Winch Bumper

" " Brush Guard

" " Tow Hooks

" " Roll Bar w/lights

" " Tan Buckets/Console

No visible rust Exterior=7/10 Interior=8/10

Asking price...$1500

I left with full intentions of returning later that day. Ten minutes into the drive, the resident calls my cell and tells me her husband is selling the truck and will be home at 4:30 and I should come back at that time. That is roughly 5 long hours but the truck is parked on a country road in a small town.

At 3:30 the same woman calls my cell.

" I just wanted to let you know that someone that looked at the truck a week ago just stopped by and bought the truck. They just drove away. Sorry".

After weeping and vomiting for about an hour, I called to talk to the husband about his truck and to get the VIN for our registry. He's a very nice older man who kept the truck up in excellent mechanical condition. He and his wife have only owned Jeeps for over 40 years and this was his 3rd Comanche. I told him about CC and he was willing to give me the VIN for the registry. He sold the truck for $1500.

The flight attendant kept asking me if I was OK due to the depressed, sick look I had all the way back to San Diego.

I told her I had a great time but not great timing.

Holy options Batman. Replace that 2.8 with a 4.0 and you would have one of my dream trucks.

The previous owner didn't happen to still have the new owners contact info did he? That might be a truck we all want to keep an eye on V6 or not, that has a pile of desireable options.

Would you have bought it?

Rob

Holy options Batman. Replace that 2.8 with a 4.0 and you would have one of my dream trucks.

The previous owner didn't happen to still have the new owners contact info did he? That might be a truck we all want to keep an eye on V6 or not, that has a pile of desireable options.

Would you have bought it?

Rob

I was all set to buy it and planned on driving it back to San Diego or leaving it in Sequim as my Washington truck. I might be able to get the new owner's info but I was a bit upset and didn't think of it at the time. Yes, that was the factory cover rolled up between the cab and roll bar.

:drool: Wow

Thats about all i can say......I would have been sitting right out front of that residence till the owner came home, that thing would not have left my sight if I found it!

I too hope the new owner joins up....thats gotta easly be 1 of the Rarest MJs left living :cheers:

Did you atleast leave a Card on it anywhere!? ;)