What kind of MPG can I expect

my stock 1989 4.0l manual tranny gets about 17

but i AM a teenager, and i DO like the skinny pedal.

mileage has ALOT to do with how you drive, if i drive it grandpa i could easily pull 20+mpg.

31s arent that much off of stock so you can expect like 18mpg if you drive normally.

My mileage isn't that great, with the JC throttle body 3.73's and 31's I get about 14 with combined city highway driving. You got the HO MJ like mine, I wouldn't expect to get as good a mileage as the Renix guys. I know my mileage is a little off as I have the speedo gear for 30 inch tires on my 31's, and I am not sure if it shows me as going faster or slower.

My mileage isn't that great, with the JC throttle body 3.73's and 31's I get about 14 with combined city highway driving. You got the HO MJ like mine, I wouldn't expect to get as good a mileage as the Renix guys. I know my mileage is a little off as I have the speedo gear for 30 inch tires on my 31's, and I am not sure if it shows me as going faster or slower.

it shows a little on the slow side... the HO isnt the big difference in years.. its the difference in the AW4's do you have a manual or auto?

before 1991 (1990-) the AW4 had a power/comfort mode switch and in comfort mode it shifts alot early and saves more gas, the 1991+ is hardwired into power mode.

it shows a little on the slow side... the HO isnt the big difference in years.. its the difference in the AW4's do you have a manual or auto?

before 1991 (1990-) the AW4 had a power/comfort mode switch and in comfort mode it shifts alot early and saves more gas, the 1991+ is hardwired into power mode.

I have the manual, but I also need to replace my O2 sensor as the Maint REQ light came on. When I first bought the truck the PO had it running with 29's and 3.33 gears he towed a boat. But I remember it getting about 17 MPG's, and 3.73 with 29 inch tires was a super fast! If it wasn't for my familiarity with HO stuff and all my diagnostic equipment I own for HO's I would have purchased a 1990 Eliminator with the AW4. If my wife had let me I would prolly own both.