1989 comanche ax15 bleed clutch?

Just bled mine, have someone depress the pedal and hold it down, then open bleeder. Repeat until air is out of system. Took me 10 or 12 times, don't rush it. Don't forget to check fluid after a couple of times. No adjustment that I'm aware of.

Just bled mine, have someone depress the pedal and hold it down, then open bleeder. Repeat until air is out of system. Took me 10 or 12 times, don't rush it. Don't forget to check fluid after a couple of times. No adjustment that I'm aware of.

? clutch ... no bleeding required, just pump it up. its not like your brake system.

? clutch ... no bleeding required, just pump it up. its not like your brake system.

You need to bleed your clutch whenever you replace a component in the clutch hydraulic assembly, such as the clutch master cylinder.

First make sure there are no issues with MC so you don't have to do it again. IE:leaks

Then, just like brakes, pump it up, hold it to the floor, open, close. do it again.

Bleeder exits bell housing where pressure line goes in.

Make sure MC stays full.

You have it backwards. The sequence is

* Open bleeder

* Assistant pushes peddle down SLOWLY (and holds it down)

* Close bleeder

* Assistant lets peddle up

Check fluid level in master

Repeat

:agree:

:smart:

Eagle

You have it backwards. The sequence is

* Open bleeder

* Assistant pushes peddle down SLOWLY (and holds it down)

* Close bleeder

* Assistant lets peddle up

Check fluid level in master

Repeat until there is no air bubbles in the fluid coming from the bleeder

bled the clutch and now it grabs at about half way feels alot better thanks everyone if you feel this is a good point for the clutch to grab please by all means let me know

:agree: ya, on my clutches they grabs at about 1/4 to 1/2 way.

awesome guys thanks alot next question is there anything i could use to replace brake fluid in the clutch

Most auto parts stores sell "hydraulic clutch fluid." It's basically the same as brake fluid, and I have no idea why they package and market it as a different product.

Considering all the problems brake fluid can cause, I use DOT 5 silicone in both my brakes and in the clutch. People told me I was crazy and asking for problems when I put it in the clutch, but that was 11 years and almost 90,000 miles ago on the '88 Cherokee (which was the first one I changed over) and I haven't noticed any problems yet. If my clutch master ever leaks back into the cab, the silicone won't destroy the fuse panel. Plus, I don't have to worry about internal corrosion in the steel lines because silicone isn't hygroscopic.

i did some research :agree: DOT 5 silicone is used in hi performance Break system's & Clutch system's

if you go With Dot 5 silicone in ether of these system, Bleed out all the old Dot 3 form the system thoroughly!

• 4 months later...
i did some research :agree: DOT 5 silicone is used in hi performance Break system's & Clutch system's

if you go With Dot 5 silicone in ether of these system, Bleed out all the old Dot 3 form the system thoroughly!

I was researching this topic today and ran across this thread. Question: Does anyone know the best way to bleed the Dot 3 fluid from the clutch master, slave (external) and lines? :dunno: