hood vents

So I have a chance of getting a set of hood vents kinda cheep. I can get either set of the two sets that he has. He has these:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQahgHQTe400O_8HF9oTL8xH6unuu05OcGIHfwV0uVFO24CoVfLpA

Or these:

So which one do you think I should go for? I like both and am not sure so I wanted to know your thoughts. Any opinions will help. Thanks :D

Brandon

Personally I would only ever install 5.9 hood vents.

What do they look like?

Brandon

Best I could find:

orvisxj.jpg

:ack: sorry just not my cup of tea. Thanks for the idea tho. and sorry to who ever moved this for posting it in the pub :fool:

Brandon

Sorry Brandon, didn't get the pics today.

Had to go to the river and get water and sediment samples to run PCR on.

(See if anybody knows what that means)

Got some pretty decent easy to make drip pans also. Tomorrow.

Not like free beer tomorrow either.

this is the only pic i can find of mine. i don't rember who i got them from but its was some offroad manufacture and they were $60-80 IIRC. their louvered so rain water did not get in, and i live in WA and see alot of rain. i prefer them over the looks of the lebaron

Personally I would only ever install 5.9 hood vents.

:agree: Another example:

These were okay, had drip pans to keep the H2O out also, but don't compare with a cowl hood for cooling down under-hood temps. Hood vents are mostly more cosmetic than functional.

LeBaron hood vents look like garbage. It looks like someone at Chrysler was flipping through an HVAC ductwork catalog when they were designing those. 5.9L ZJ hood vents all the way - at least they have some style and their water drip trays actually work as intended.

LeBaron hood vents look like garbage. It looks like someone at Chrysler was flipping through an HVAC ductwork catalog when they were designing those. 5.9L ZJ hood vents all the way - at least they have some style and their water drip trays actually work as intended.

Agreed. Lebaron vents look like total a$$, they don't fit anything aesthetically, and they never seem to fit properly, they always look like they are not sitting flush etc.

At least 5.9 vents are Jeep original and don't look like total a$$.

I've read in several places that Reflexxion no longer manufacturers the XJ cowl hoods, and the leftovers at some of their dealers are going for $600+ now. Ouch! Glad I got mine for $150 off Ebay a few years ago. :D

Agreed. Lebaron vents look like total a$$, they don't fit anything aesthetically, and they never seem to fit properly, they always look like they are not sitting flush etc. At least 5.9 vents are Jeep original and don't look like total a$$.

But the LeBaron vents do make excellent ceiling HVAC discharge vents.