WANTED: JCR LWB ROCKSLIDERS AND REAR BUMPER, IL/WI BORDER.

Automan2164

Just go buy a good MIG welder and I will come down for a day and make another copy of "the Original" for you.

I want to make a set of sliders for mine. Let me use your welder and I'll make us both a set of those too.

I have all of the templates for the rear bumper here in Wisconsin.

Just go buy a good MIG welder and I will come down for a day and make another copy of "the Original" for you.

I want to make a set of sliders for mine. Let me use your welder and I'll make us both a set of those too.

I have all of the templates for the rear bumper here in Wisconsin.

Love to, and I plan on buying a welder sometime here, but I got kicked out of the shop at work, and I has no 220 at home.

Rob L.

Seems that I am kinda right in between you two, and it just so happens I have both a 220 arc welder and a 110 MIG welder sitting in the garage.

Then again, the garage is full of a project XJ that looks like it vomited parts all over the place at the moment.

Once it's done (hopefully soonish, I need my garage back) and it warms up a bit though, maybe we can work something out.

I just emailed the pics of the JCR stuff to a fab shop thats about 3 hours away from me. He said he would and could do both the sliders for $300.00 and bumper $300.00. If I had ended up with the stuff that was for sale ( who did ?) that was the first thing I would have done is had him do exact copys. He will need my truck so maybe later in the spring I will leave it with him so he can get something made. I directed him to the Club also so he can sell direct and get input. Maybe it will work out??

I did try to contact JCR...

Hello, my name is Rob, and I am a moderator for the Comanche Club. I was writing to see if there would be any way possible to have you make a set of LWB rock sliders and a rear bumper for my truck. I was very disappointed when one of our members started flaming your product and don't blame you for casting off our small niche market, but I NEED a set of those sliders and a bumper something awful! I was just looking to see if you could dust off the jigs, and crack a set out for me. I have paypal/credit card/or could even send a check.

Any help is thanked in advance.

Rob

And their response:

Sorry Rob, but the jigs have been re-purposed at this point. The only thing we have left is 1 set of rear bumper mounts. Once those are sold, no more MJ stuff will be made.

Looks like we are on our own.

Rob L. :(

Disappointing, yet not surprising. It has seemed very clear that they don't give two-hoots about the MJ crowd with the bumper fiasco. Unfortunate since these trucks are gaining in popularity and they built/sold a quality product. Does anybody have detailed images of the LWB sliders? I would like detailed images of the mounts. I may be able to con a buddy into making a set.

guys, I have a 110 mig at my house, and my brother will let us use his millermatic 220 that he picked up last fall.

have an auto shield as well, so we could do it pretty quick. you pay for gas and wire, and any tips that get wrecked.

rob, I can install a 220 outlet next to your electrical box, and we can make a 220 capable "extension cord" that you just roll out when you've got to weld.

Rob, did you contact them recently for this?

I might be the guy to buy that last set of bumper mounts so that I can have them for future's sake. JCR seems to do a good job at coming up with brackets that do the job and are easily reproduced. I can get their last set of these and then we'll have them for the future.

I still need to draw those brackets up in CAD for my bumper thread. I'm betting that these would be much easier to draw up than the ones I have been using...

Rob, did you contact them recently for this?

I might be the guy to buy that last set of bumper mounts so that I can have them for future's sake. JCR seems to do a good job at coming up with brackets that do the job and are easily reproduced. I can get their last set of these and then we'll have them for the future.

I still need to draw those brackets up in CAD for my bumper thread. I'm betting that these would be much easier to draw up than the ones I have been using...

Just a couple days ago Brent, have at them.

Rob

JCR just got back with me, they had two sets of the brackets left and I bought both sets. They said that this was the last of it, so apparently they are all cleaned out now.

I figure one set can go on the shelf and get drawn up and the other can be the start for another bumper for myself. I also ordered a set of D-Ring Tabs for future use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

makes me glad i got my bumpers while they were still making them.can't really blame them for not making them anymore.how many rear mj bumpers did they really sell?many people say they'll buy them,but just talk or don't have the funds.besides after one person on this board bitched about them and all it takes is one person to file a lawsuit who could really blame them.i used to be into ford turbocopes and parts were the same way,people asked for them,somebody stepped and reproduced them and they didn't sell many and are now out of business.

The funny thing is, any decent fab shop could make the exact same rear bumper for less than JCR was selling them for (not that their price was too high or anything). With the right tools and the right skills, its a very basic design.