1988 MJ Interior Parts - Trade for Beer

terrawombat

Bring me a 30-pack of Bud Light (I'm easy) and you can have any interior piece that I won't be using after I complete the '99XJ interior upgrade in my '88MJ. This includes dashboard, instrument bezel cover, steering column w/key, bench seat, seat belts, and whatever else I feel like I won't need. Instrument cluster is gone and I will need any of the MJ-specific interior pieces so you can't have those. I promise I'll make the trip worth your while.

Parts all located in Pennington, NJ. Pictures available upon request.

Is the benchseat still good? My foam is shot and it's hard for me to barter with that kind of material as I'm only 18 :fs2:

I'll take a look at it in about an hour and snap a picture for you. I remember that the drivers side of the bench had some holes in it, but I don't know if it's just in the vinyl material or if it got all the way down to the foam. I don't think it did, but it's been a while since I looked at that bench seat.

I'll be in touch.

Bring me a 30-pack of Bud Light (I'm easy) and you can have any interior piece that I won't be using after I complete the '99XJ interior upgrade in my '88MJ.

Don't need any interior parts, but you, sir....we gotta meet up sometime :cheers:

Jeff

I just got done inspecting the bench. There are tears on the drivers spot and in the middle, but there is very minimal foam damage - it's in the middle spot. One of my pictures tries to show it. The damage is mostly all in the vinyl cover - that's the torn up foam you're seeing in the pics. I sat on the bench and it's actually quite comfy and is in much better shape than the foam in my '92 so I REALLY should be putting it in that truck, but I already replaced it once and don't feel like doing it again. If you want the bench you can have it! I'll also throw in the old bench from my Pioneer. The backside is in good shape, but the foam on the bottom portion is crap and I have it all apart. I stole the foam from my Pioneer to put in my '92 since I put buckets in the Pioneer. The exposed foam in the pics is actually from my '92, but it has 230K fat-guy miles on it.

Bring me a 30-pack of Bud Light (I'm easy) and you can have any interior piece that I won't be using after I complete the '99XJ interior upgrade in my '88MJ.

Don't need any interior parts, but you, sir....we gotta meet up sometime :cheers:

Jeff

Deal! Although I'm never near Pittsburgh or Richmond.

Wait a second...you don't want to meet up because I said I was easy... :hmm:

Deal! Although I'm never near Pittsburgh or Richmond.

Wait a second...you don't want to meet up because I said I was easy... :hmm:

Any Jeeper that trades Bud Light for spare parts is :thumbsup: in my book

:cheers:

Jeff

Hey if you happen to be removing the park brake assembly i would be interested. Let me know if you are interested an saling/shipping to 98225

What does a parking brake assembly have to do with interior parts? lol :dunno:

I need a rear axle for my commy but didnt ask him for that.

Hey if you happen to be removing the park brake assembly i would be interested. Let me know if you are interested an saling/shipping to 98225

What does a parking brake assembly have to do with interior parts? lol :dunno:

I need a rear axle for my commy but didnt ask him for that.

Well, it's technically in the interior. And he might be in luck as I'll likely be going with the XJ e-brake setup instead.

Never hurts to ask. I eventually will have a rear axle, but probably not the one you're looking for. It's a lowly D35 w/3.07 gears.

So, any interest in this stuff? If you're not old enough to buy beer, a couple 12 packs of Dr. Pepper would work, too.

I'm just trying to clean up my shop some and get some parts out of the back of my MJ. I need to get the bed off of it shortly so I can send it to the body shop for a repaint and I can then paint the frame rails with POR-15. It currently has a couple hundred pounds of parts in it :D

• 1 month later...

Lots of interior parts still available. Only had one person take me up on the offer. They took the clutch/brake pedal assembly, clutch master cylinder, transfer case shifter, transfer case shifter bezel, and some other odds and ends. They weren't old enough to buy beer so they threw me a 20 spot instead - works for me.

Still have a bunch of stuff available - dash, bench seat, steering column w/keys, heater box, and whatever else isn't MJ-specific. Can take pictures of whatever you need - just let me know.

I'd have to take a look to see what all is there. I honestly don't remember. I completely gutted an '88MJ Sport Truck down to the shell and all of the parts are just strewn out in a section of my shop. If I can get it out of the '99XJ donor I have, then it's not going back into the truck.

Will you ship some Kentucky moonshine?

Are you looking for the entire Comanche parking brake setup (the footbrake)? I stole the handle/cable for my '92MJ that didn't come with one so that's gone. Just the footbrake assembly is left.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived