Dezert Comanche

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also found a new/used AX-15 and re-assembled with a 242 T-C.

With the flat flange on the SYE, I was forced to order a custom drive shaft from Tom woods

I also failed at finding matching T-C linkage at local junk yards, so i went with Novak's Shifter Assembly for the 242.

sk2x_v2_assembled_view.jpg

I picked up a D30 front end for $100, and took it to get it sand blasted. Then I ordered a Ballistic Fabrication D30 truss, and did some gussets to the outer C's, and the Track Bar Mount. Also fabed new beefy lower Shock Mounts.

I really have to complement you on your Comanche and fabrication skills. Not so much desert here in Western Oregon, especially with all the rain this year, but I have learned quite a bit from your build description and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

-meljr

why did you mount your LCAs upside down? good f*ckin build tho man :popcorn:

Not that I the like the look of LCA's upside down, but function before fashion.

When we cycled the suspension to the set the location of the Fox Bump Stops, my LCA's were hitting my frame rails before the Shocks were fully compressed. cry2.gif

Got my Upper Control Arm Joint on the Axle, and a fresh coat of paint.

Put a fresh coat of paint on a drive shaft that I had laying around.

Tried to re-use my 2wd calipers and they were non compatible with 4wd Knuckles. So I went with 4wd calipers and with a fresh coat of paint.

I had custom extended rubber brake lines made for my old 2wd drive calipes, these were non-compatiple with my 4wd also. Went with Earl's #1 AN-3 pre made brake lines.

Summit's Rotor and Brake Pad combo.

why did you mount your ''LCAs'' upside down?

[/quote='mj Mike'] Not that I the like the look of Lower Control Arm's upside down, but function before fashion.

When we cycled the suspension to the set the location of the Fox Bump Stops, my ''LCA's'' were hitting my frame rails before the Shocks were fully compressed. cry2.gif

why did you mount your ''LCAs'' upside down?

[/quote='mj Mike'] Not that I the like the look of Lower Control Arm's upside down, but function before fashion.

When we cycled the suspension to the set the location of the Fox Bump Stops, my ''LCA's'' were hitting my frame rails before the Shocks were fully compressed. cry2.gif

Sweet...guess I did miss that post.

Rig looks great, can't wait to get my air bumps. :thumbsup:

Thanks!! for the complements rockout.gif

can't wait to get my air bumps. :thumbsup:

i run a 10'' stroke shock with a 4'' stroke bump stops. so @ ride height the shocks only have 1'' of compression before the start of the bumps & @ full droop the bumps hit the coils. cry2.gif

i recommend to go with a 2'' stroke bump stops (shorty's)

this will give you more affective compression & they will not hit the coils like mine in the pic's.

for me , Fox makes shims to adjust the stroke! i need these to fix this problem!

Thanks!! for the complements rockout.gif

can't wait to get my air bumps. :thumbsup:

i run a 10'' stroke shock with a 4'' stroke bump stops. so @ ride height the shocks only have 1'' of compression before the start of the bumps & @ full droop the bumps hit the coils. cry2.gif

i recommend to go with a 2'' stroke bump stops (shorty's)

this will give you more affective compression & they will not hit the coils like mine in the pic's.

for me , Fox makes shims to adjust the stroke! i need these to fix this problem!

Perfect, thanks for the info. Once I lower mine I will only have the option of the shortys. I'll probably have only a inch or 1.5 before the bumps hit pads with 2" bumps.

after i swapped out the 91 manifold for the 99+ i found out the power steering brackets are non compatible with the manifold

my P/S pump was also starting to go out so i went with the PSC power steering pump w/ remote reservoir & A/N fittings

after i swapped out the 91 manifold for the 99+ i found out the power steering brackets are non compatible with the manifold

my P/S pump was also starting to go out so i went with the PSC power steering pump w/ remote reservoir & A/N fittings

Gosh, thats just to bad it forced you into that upgrade. :drool: :cheers:

:agree: one upgrade leads to another!evilsmirk.gif

the PSC bracket to mount the remote reservoir to the break master cylinder is for a ,99+, & i still run my stock 92 Master cylinder so i moved the PCM & made a bracket to mount the reservoir to the fender wall.

PSC recommends running a heat sink cooler for this system. i went W/ a Derale dual pass aluminum heat sink cooler #13261 from summit racing