@#$!@#$@#@!!!!!!!

Sir Sam

Bad things better only happen in threes.

Got home yesterday, found a dead chicken, it was my favorite Arucana. Dammit.

Cleaning the kitchen today, rinse out sink.....water draining slow, need to run garbage disposal. Flick switch nothing. Garbage disposal bad.

Heating up some dinner tonight roommate enters "the washer did that thing where theres water on the floor" Go downstairs, washer drain is apparently clogged and massive amounts of nasty washer drain water has flooded into the basement. Got the floor cleaned up and bleach applied, turned the dryer on(to blow some hot air out to help dry it) and put a fan on. Said phuck it and ate my dinner, I'll deal with it tomorrow.

Just dammit.

Oh and my still fell over in the garage dumping cooling water into a tool bucket making for some nice rusty tools.

check the reset on the disposal. it could be as simple as that. that may make the day better. :ack:

Small plastic measuring spoon jammed into it.

I was fearful that it was a siezed motor.

Time to have a discussion with my roommate. :no:

check the reset on the disposal. it could be as simple as that. that may make the day better. :ack:

So what did he stuff into the washer drain?

So what did he stuff into the washer drain?

She apparently let a small measuring spoon fall into the disposal.

I hate to sound misogynistic, but $#!&, can't cook, can't clean.......wtf kind of roomate is that?

There is usually a allen key hole in the bottom center of the disposal,

you put a hex key in there (it's usually attached to the disposal somewhere on the side),

and spinning the hex key spins the motor.

If it's bound up, sometimes a little human power will help to free it.

Also, look for the reset as was already said.

Heating up some dinner tonight roommate enters "the washer did that thing where theres water on the floor" Go downstairs, washer drain is apparently clogged and massive amounts of nasty washer drain water has flooded into the basement.

The above quote is why I hate living with females.

Yea, thanks for knowing about the problem and not doing a damn thing about it or even attempting to begin cleaning it.

Heating up some dinner tonight roommate enters "the washer did that thing where theres water on the floor" Go downstairs, washer drain is apparently clogged and massive amounts of nasty washer drain water has flooded into the basement.

The above quote is why I hate living with females.

Yea, thanks for knowing about the problem and not doing a damn thing about it or even attempting to begin cleaning it.

Yep, the girlfriend did that to me last year. She was in some mood... One sunday she comes up and tells me "oh yeah, there is some water leaking in the basement..." I get down there, to find that the water line to the fridge had been spraying on to of a shelf in the laundry room, and had throughly soaked everything and ruined a bunch of boxes... Come to find out it had been spraying for a few days, and she "didn't want to bother me."

Boy did she get a talking to. Anything house related is a priority.

Rob L.

Anything house related is a priority.

The problem is that with the three female room mates I have had in the last six years, anything house related is assumed to be MY priority, not theirs.

Here is my favorite - and sorry to the OP for taking this off topic - I come home after class one day and I smell something funny - like something burning. I notice a tiny bit of smoke coming up from the floor so I run down to the basement to find one of the electrical junction boxes in the basement was arcing every so often. I immediately killed the breaker to it and inspected it. The receptacle somehow had an internal short and the 15A breaker it was on didn't pop. I counted my blessings that the damn house didn't burn down and replaced the breaker and the receptacle.

My room mate comes home and I told her what had happened and she says, Oh yea, I had my hair dryer plugged into that the other day and it stopped working and I started to see some smoke come up from the floor, so I went up to the bathroom and finished blow drying my hair.

And you didn't tell me because???

Oh, I forgot and I was late for class and my hair was still wet.

*sigh*

There is usually a allen key hole in the bottom center of the disposal,

you put a hex key in there (it's usually attached to the disposal somewhere on the side),

and spinning the hex key spins the motor.

If it's bound up, sometimes a little human power will help to free it.

Also, look for the reset as was already said.

Thats good to know, I was turned it with a screwdriver from the top.

Problem solved, I yanked the plastic measuring spoon out last night.

Anything house related is a priority.

The problem is that with the three female room mates I have had in the last six years, anything house related is assumed to be MY priority, not theirs.

No problem with the little story.

In this case everything goes to me since its my house and they are renting from me. It would be different if we were all tenants, but as is I am the one who gets to deal with stuff like this.

There was a pilot show that cut one in half, even showed that you could put your mitt down there and turn it on with no more than a surprise...

But you still won't be catching me with my hand in mine... I made the girlfriend put her hand in it the last time I needed something pulled out because "she has smaller hands"... Not because it gives me the jeebies to have my hand in there, and thats the story I am sticking to.

Rob L. 8)

I woke up in the middle of the night to a house full of smoke.. Turns out my girl roommate decided to heat up some pizza and forgot about it in the oven! Pizza was in there for over 4 hours and I was very lucky the black charred piece of pizza didn't catch on fire. DAMN BLONDES! :thwak:

Got home yesterday...

Cleaning the kitchen today...

Heating up some dinner tonight...

Oh and my still fell over in the garage dumping cooling water into a tool bucket making for some nice rusty tools.

What about the most important part, did you lose any of your hooch? ;)

Got home yesterday...

Cleaning the kitchen today...

Heating up some dinner tonight...

What about the most important part, did you lose any of your hooch? ;)

No the still was empty at the time, just cooling water, no boozahol.

Jeeeeeeeeeze roommates. The scourge of the healthy house.

My better half's 19 yr old neice is with us for a few weeks and she leaves a trail of debris and destruction wherever she goes. Avocado pit in the disposal, scored the glasstop stove with a new steak knife, dishes left around, cigarette butts outside the ashtray on the back porch blowing around, overflowed the coffeemaker by putting too much ground coffee in, uses up all the hot water for a shower, soda cans laying around everywhere, doesn't put up the wii games or dvds so they get all scratched up, leaves lights on and the heat turned up... the list goes on and on. Rawrr!!!!! :fs1:

Thankfully she's leaving in a week... either by free will or force, she's leaving.

:rotf: Is she a blonde?

That would make her more tolerable than with her curly shoulder length brown hair. She's 8 1/2 months knocked up (not by me, thanks), acne ridden, uncouth, bitchy, no manners, cusses a lot, and has a very loud voice... no volume control with her on top of everything else. I can't wait til she's gone.

:rotf: Is she a blonde?

That would make her more tolerable than with her curly shoulder length brown hair. She's 8 1/2 months knocked up (not by me, thanks), acne ridden, uncouth, bitchy, no manners, cusses a lot, and has a very loud voice... no volume control with her on top of everything else. I can't wait til she's gone.

Hopefully shes gone before the baby comes.

How old is she? 19 with a baby on the way?