comanche runs like crap...getting annoyed!!

so the damn jeep started running like crap 2 days ago. anything over 1/8 of the gas pedal and it popped through the intake stumbled and surged under load. but if i pushed the clutch in it still revs up just fine. replaced the fuel pump, replaced the fuel filter,replaced the cap and rotor, plugs and wires are fine, regulator is dry-- no gas in the vac line so that tells me its still good(?) now it idles fine but pops/surges/stumbles under any kind of load. revving it up it pops and stumbled around 1200rpm and clears up over 3000 rpm. I'm sick of freezing my @$$ off in 2ft of snow trying to get the p.o.s. to run right and i kind of need to be able to drive it, right now the plates from the jeep are on my beat @$$ plow truck so i can get around(rotted fenders, squishy brakes and a 2007 inspection sticker...yeah can't drive it on the road much!!) anyone have any ideas??? help!!

Mine was stumbling and loosing power, I had a bad fuel pump replaced and when a friend with a shop replaced the fuel pump he didn't put the 2 hose clamps on the hose going from the pump to the sender tube. whenever it needed more gas it would squirt out the side of the hose and hit the top of the gas tank (all inside so I could not see it till I half removed the sender and had it squirt all over). pretty specific and my not be your problem but I figure I could suggest anyway.

Good luck

When this happens is your engine temperature creeping up? Have you tried bypassing the fuel pump ballast resistor?

5548d1251478336t-90-cherokke-cranks-but-wont-start-ballast-resistor.jpg

bypass the white ballast resistor shown in the above picture by connecting both leads together, make sure you tape it up so it doesn't ground out. Try that and see what happens

Could be a bad or clogged fuel injector if fuel injected. Carb might be out of adjustment if you have one. Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Could be trask in your gas tank or fuel lines.