My new Whip! 1986

1986 Comanche Custom

2.5L, 2wd, 5 speed

$100

Didn't run when I bought it, but threw a new CPS, battery in it and it fired right up, then drove it home!

Check out the bondo action on the bed. Its actually in pretty good shape. The rust is pretty minmal underneath and there is only one real rusty spot on the drivers side, the passengers side is pretty rust free.

I had some 31x10.50s ProComps on Grizzlys that were on my XJ till I went to 33's.

I was going to put them on craigslist, but I'll keep'm on the MJ for a little while.

Before

After

• 1 month later...

Some updates ......

Did a little cleaning in the engine compartment

Replaced Clutch system, slave, master, new line

Pulled the interior out

New gauge cluster with new sensors

New exhaust

Engine

Interior

Gauges

I need some help on floor patching how much to cut away, where to cut etc. .... posted in the tech section ..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27724

cut past all the rused thru metal til you find solid. u can take a lil screw driver and hammer then tap around to find the thin stuff, ull be able to tell by the feal and noise (and looks) if its just surface rust or more. fyi its a PIA to try weldin thin metal and even worse when its half rusted thru. keep the gaps tight and itll be fine

http://c2cfabrication.com/store/index.p ... e694kjk1i4

youll find your floor pans here

• 1 month later...

Update ..... So I decided on the MisMatch Rat Rod style.

Snagged a ton of stuff at the JY today for $40. The guy at the counter said if I gave him $40 I could take as much as I could carry.

Here's the bed which I'm picking up next week.

Wood Grain Bezel

Maroon backing board.

Here's the other stuff. This yard has 3 Comanches, all in pretty good shape, 2 have missing motors.

I have some blue, grey, red, nice assortment of goodies.

Wheels with some used 30 inch MTRs, wheels have a little rust, good for the Rat Rod style.

• 1 month later...
where'd you get that wood grain???

Update ..... So I decided on the MisMatch Rat Rod style.

Snagged a ton of stuff at the JY today for $40. The guy at the counter said if I gave him $40 I could take as much as I could carry.

Wood Grain Bezel

• 1 month later...

Bang, little update ....... its been on hold, but finally finished up all the mechanical stuff, now some body work and paint ....... well maybe not paint, yet ....

Oh, and your going to be jealous ....... scored the Ravines for $100, guy wanted $150, which was low and I was really honest and told him it was low, so he said because I was honest that he said $100 will do ......

• 3 years later...