So, how do I...

AMCJeepMJ

Find online somewhere that will show or have a steaming broadcast of the World Series?

I have DirecTV and have no 'local' channels (Fox, ABC, etc.). I have been able to watch the playoffs on TBS, but if the WS is Fox-only, where can I watch (without imposing myself at a buddy's place or hang out at a super-lame bar)?

Subscription MLB channels are out (I'm trying to do this on the cheap).

That sucks. Are you close enough to pick up your local FOX broadcast station using a digital antenna?

DON'T MISS ANOTHER MOMENT OF FOX PROGRAMMING!

How to Get Your Local FOX Station Using an Antenna

If you are a Cablevision subscriber, you have lost your local FOX station as of October 16 -- you can install an antenna to watch the over-the-air broadcast signal for free.

Visit http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/se ... erbox.html for questions about converting analog cable to digital.

That sucks. Are you close enough to pick up your local FOX broadcast station using a digital antenna?

Yes, I live within range, but do not own a digital converter or television antenna.

that sucks :( i really wish the gov. didnt do the analog to digital convert. it makes getting "free" tv so very hard

Brandon

That equipment is very cheap. FOX and the other major networks carry most all of the major sports, so if you don't want to pay to subscribe to your satellite/cable provider (more expensive), this is the best option. I'd do it just to be at home to see the Rangers kick San Fran's butt in the Series. :cheers:

Buy a cheap LCD,

you should be able to find a 25" LCD TV in the low $200's.

If you could stand watching a 19". you can find them under $200.

Or you could get a cheap 40" for $365 on Woot today:

http://www.woot.com/

Then a $12 antennae at radio shack should be able to pull in FOX.

(there's a website that tells you what channels should be available by your location, but I can't remember the address)

It has been almost 10 years since we have had no television. No antena, no cable no nothing. I couldnt even tell you what was on. I have heard of "The Office" and "Lost" but never seen them or even know what those shows are about. I hear of "Dancing with the stars" which sounds as exciting as getting my skull drilled. :shake:

It has been almost 10 years since we have had no television. No antena, no cable no nothing. I couldnt even tell you what was on. I have heard of "The Office" and "Lost" but never seen them or even know what those shows are about. I hear of "Dancing with the stars" which sounds as exciting as getting my skull drilled. :shake:

Good for you:

hybrid-cars.jpg

I think ESPN will stream it on their website but you may have to be a paying member. I feel for you brother,,,,the Rangers are finally in it and you can't watch....I hear you on the bar, but I think I'd find a nice quite upscale hotel bar and watch the games there.....the sports bars get a little too loud and rowdy for my tastes.