Improving gas mileage

I have done a lot of research on ways to improve the mileage of my MJ. Aerodynamics, streamlining, tire pressure, etc. One article gave very impressive figures on weight removal, lightening of the vehicle. I decided to try it. Getting a FSM and a set of scales I carefully evaluated the weight of every part of a Jeep Comanche Pick Up. I came to the conclusion that the engine was the heaviest part on the truck. I removed it. Eureka!, It worked. I haven't burnt a drop of gas since. For a detailed report on this astounding feat send a SASE and $20 to me, Jimoshel. Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. :idea: :nuts:

I dispute this claim..

show me the data.

There is none, because once the engine was removed, the "fuel"being consumed was either NONE because the care moved 0 mile and you can't devide by 0.. or the fuel being used was no longer gas, but instead caloric (as in calories burned to move the vehicle)

therefore, your solution is not valid.. its exactly like a virgin saying that sexually transmitted diseases are a myth because they never got one.

I dispute this claim..

show me the data.

There is none, because once the engine was removed, the "fuel"being consumed was either NONE because the care moved 0 mile and you can't devide by 0.. or the fuel being used was no longer gas, but instead caloric (as in calories burned to move the vehicle)

therefore, your solution is not valid.. its exactly like a virgin saying that sexually transmitted diseases are a myth because they never got one.

You want data?

The $20 and SASE?

I too have contemplated removing the heaviest part to conserve fuel. so far only my MJ in GA has had that mod. and on that one we went extra crazy and pulled the trans out too. :yes: Not only am I saving lots of gas, but I'm saving tons of money on wear-n-tear and insurance too. jamminz.gif

• 1 month later...

Jim, I have sent the money but there is a problem - Wife number 3 wrote the bank check for $2000 instead of the $20, she will be punished! - Please cash this check, written on The East Bank of the Mississippi-very reliable, into your account, please keep an extra $80 for your troubles and returning the balance of $1900-cash only. - Is thanking you. :D

Jim, I have sent the money but there is a problem - Wife number 3 wrote the bank check for $2000 instead of the $20, she will be punished! - Please cash this check, written on The East Bank of the Mississippi-very reliable, into your account, please keep an extra $80 for your troubles and returning the balance of $1900-cash only. - Is thanking you. :D

THIS SOUNDS LIKE ONE OF THOSE SCAMS FROM CRAIGSLIST.

No Jim, danbyrambler is correct - no worries. The East Bank of the Mississippi is an extremely reliable bank and is located in New Hope, MS. It's tied via underground cable to the esteemed First Confederate Bank in Tuscaloosa, AL, founded during the Civil War in 1864. The FCB will stand behind any check written on it's affiliate bank in New Hope with an equal reimbursement of cotton if equitable cash assets are not available. Unfortunately, the cash isn't normally available. :(

Thanks Gawd for Mississippi, the only state that makes Alabama look good. :cheers: