Beat Not Built...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with the 2wd rear leaf packs and a add a leaf that have been well broken in, and 8" coils with the heavy @$$ winch bumper on the front she sits closer to a 6" lift. Shes actualy pritty stable in off camber situations. But yeah that cliff face had be clintching my seat i will admit.

• 11 months later...

So it's been a while since I posted in this thread, but I've got some big changes coming soon for the MJ. I just recently sold off one of my other crawlers so its time to give the MJ some much needed attention. I recently picked up a 94ford dana 60 that will be going in to the MJ. I just need to find a 14bolt with disks for the rear. I have mangled the short bed on the truck so my new plan is to stretch the rear a bit and installing a long bed that I currently have and bobbing the rear of the bed to Mach the length of the short bed. I also acquired a passenger side b pillar that I am going to use to replace the one that's currently trashed. Once all of that is done ill guile 2x6x3/8 rockers in and build a full exo cage around the new sheet metal to try and help keep it dent free this time.... I'll post some pics of the MJ soon along with the d60 and the bed that I will be using....

• 3 months later...

The broken out put was for the front side of the transfer case to the front drive shaft. So to answer your question, that is the front drive shaft contacted to that yoke that was connected to the front out put for the t case that sheered. I'm guessing week casting material but who knows. That Was 2 years ago, now the t case has the wide chain and gears out of a Chevy 231....

• 1 month later...

I haven't been doing much work to the truck latley except piling parts up to clean up the passanger side b pillar and a wonton swap, But I have put new 37"crepie crawlers and TMI DIY bead locks in it and wheeling the crap out of it. I thought id share some recent wheeling pics so you could see where we stand with this project. I plan on replacing the short bed with a bobed long bed and using linger leafs to move the axel back, and replacing the passanger side b pillar with a mint one I cut of a truck in the junk yard, then replacing the rockers with 2x6x3/16 square tubing.  LEt me know what you think...

Here is my new sticker to piss off the wrangler guys, as I am a bit of a $#!& talker on the trail, but I don't mean to offend any one so rember its a JOKE I too once owned a wrangler.

[/url

and this is the wall I was trying to crawl in the pic below... It's 5" tall at the top of an already big hill... I didn't make it but out of 33 jeeps I was the only one to try... Yes I am crazy....

And this is Bert giving a drivers meeting to over 30 wranglers, standing in the back of my mj, notice the sticker on the bumper....

How did I miss this Comanche..... I thought the title was catchy since mine too is beat pretty bad so I thought I'd have a look.....Apsolutely love it so keep beating that MJ and sharing the photo's with us.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I've dobbed it the "crapmanche", it's curently sitting in my garage on jack stands minus the axles (sold em) and bed ( scraped it ) it will be getting a flat bed / truggie rear soon. I have a dana 60 / 14b (5.38 gears) combo that's just staring at me in till I have time to swap them in 538 along with a 231/300 doubbler and TG hydro asist. I also have a tj buggie that I have been enjoying so the MJ is on the back burner for the time being. I did how ever replace both crumpled b pillars and welded on some liquid iron industries front stiffners on it. I'll up date with some pics soon.

• 1 month later...

So I guess I should update where I'm curently at with this project. It's still sitting on jack stands in the garage but I have made a little progress on it.

The b pillar skins and Ricker pannels are trashed on this thing after a few years of hard wheeling. I found both b pillars out of 2 diffrent mj's in the yards around me that were clean and straight so I cut them out do the jy trucks with a saw zaw and brought them home where I proceeded to drill all of the spot welds out of them to sepporate just the b pillar outer skins. I did the same thing with the skins on my mj and once all 4 skins were sepporate I burned the new straight skims on to my mj.

I have also removed all of the don't suspention as well in prep for the 3 link that I'll be building for it., I have cleaned up the 231/ 300 doubbler and 300 ordered a seal kit for the 300 as its a leaking pile right now. I will be pulling the dash and custom making a dash that will hold the auto meter guages that I have for it.

• 1 year later...