isnt that wonderfull.....

freakjeep93

just got let go from work today.... i don't see why as the couple concerns that were brougth to my attention i had resolved. to me it just doesnt make senseas i was just getting comfortable with my job and co workers and now boom I'm done.

it also is buggin me right bad because i just bought a car and i pay at least 80$s a month on insurance and like 60 a week driving back and forth to school.

so the job search starts again i guess.....

What were their reasons?

Rob L.

I'm not really sure.... i had a couple things i had trouble with about a month ago ( i worked as a cart gatherer and i missed a small part of the parking lot behind the store once or twice becasue it was really busy) but i thought i had gotten that issue resolved as i havnt done that now for at least a month. but apparently i had a different issue that they never brang to my attention( or something like that) all i can say is that i worked hard and tried my best at what i did and it didnt work out.

Sorry man.

Tho it's better to be laid off in the summer, than the winter. :cheers:

(trying to find a bright side).

Good luck.

thanks man.

Freak,

Sorry to hear about that.

If you don't mind Id like to share a little wisdom that I've learned through the years.

Good always comes after bad. Makes us appreciate what we have.

Anybody who gets up every morning (11:59 AM doesn't count) can find a job. If they have a car, and a phone their chances are greatly increased.

Where I am from, a lot of people say they can't find a job.

What they are really saying is they can't find a job that they want. Either because it doesn't pay enough or it isn't cool to scrub a toilet or swing a mop.

A wise man once told me that "any job that a man does with integrity, is a good job."

It's hard to be humble, I know from experience.

Nearly five years ago I went from 80K+ a year, to working at a convenience store in our little town (pop. about 3,000) seeing my old coworkers........now that was tough.

I got through it because I believed what I was taught, live a spiritual life (not religious-for me) I got up early every morning and kept trying.

Today I am in my second year of college on the way to being a CD counselor.

The people who gain the most, are the ones who keep trying.

I know you live up North, but around here, the only reason that you can be let go without cause is if you are a probationary employee. Employers have been known to do just what they did to you to keep from having to give you full employee status.

Peace

If the rules up there are like they are down here, you can probally collect (depending on how long you were there) because they fired you for something that was never brought to your attention previously.

thanks for the words of wisdom cheyenne. i was a probationary employee untill today it was my last day of probation. i forgot to add that in my first post. I'm not worried about what i do for a job and I'm gunna start throwing resumes out monday morning.

thanks for the words of wisdom cheyenne. i was a probationary employee untill today it was my last day of probation. i forgot to add that in my first post. I'm not worried about what i do for a job and I'm gunna start throwing resumes out monday morning.

Sorry to hear about you situation dude. Be sure you have someone proof read your resume (you probably know why I’m saying this). If ya don't have anyone, email me a copy and I’ll help you out.

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. And, let me add. There are people who apply for jobs looking like they just got out of bed and speak like they have a right to that job. Instead, be well groomed and show a possible employer you mean it, and be very polite. If they say they have no openings, ask if it's alright to leave a resume anyway, and if you check back. And then, check back!

I can't remember the exact way he said it, but when it comes to doing a job, my father said "if you can only get a job sweeping the streets (back then street sweepers were not machines, but people with brooms) sweep them like you are painting a masterpiece."

Now, go get em!!!

Have any forestry or tree identification experience? I was hired on at the end of February as a Utility Forester with the local power company. Since then, they have hired 4 more foresters. I have been quite surprised since I would assume 'tree jobs' would be one of the first to get cut, but they keep adding more!

Good luck with your search, keep a positive attitude, and don't turn away a job offer just because you are not 100% confident in your abilities. Thats what learning is all about.

update:

i put out a TON of resumes today.i think in total i put 7-8 out around town. most of them were at car parts places,one was at a electronics store,and another at a used car dealership.

the used car dealership manager says that hes looking for someone in the next week or so so I'm hoping i get lucky...

You need to be careful of used car salesman, they are only one step above pond scum when it comes to lower life forms.... and above pond scum might be pushing it. Though if you do some good african american engineering and the guy sees that you can make him money, he might just turn into your best friend....unless you want to buy a car off the lot. :eek:

update :

i have gotten the job at the used car place :banana: my job is going to be pretty much helping him clean up around the yard and the shop for the first while and then i may progress to other thing later on. it may not be much but its a start.