anybody 4-linked their MJ???

I know somebody here has 4linked theirs...I went on a ride this weekend and the MJ came home with some body damage...So I am thinking of going ahead and doing it...I have the lwb and hope that in doing this it will improve its bad habits....The "hop" it gets when spinning on a hill is out of control..and before someone says let some air out of the tires...I was running 9lbs and dropped it to 7lbs...Anyhow I am just wanting to see some that have been linked to give me some ideas..Thanks.

I am going to put a detroit locker in the front..and also extra leaf in the rear...for the time being...but still thinking of linkin it....the hop was so bad it made me car sick..lol...not to mention it sounded like the engine, transmission, transfercase, and both axles was going to come out from under it..I will post the aftermath pics when i get home

I agree , 4 links are good for crawling but you loose almost all of your load bearing capability . Go with custom made springs and be done with it .

I lost a little load capability with the SOA , so I'm going with a custom spring rate thats real close to stock for that smooth ride .

This way you can still use it as a truck was intended and you have all the flex you need .

If you want something fast , just go buy a motorcycle . Todays street bikes ( rockets ) run flat out 9 sec quarters right off the showroom floor , not to mention how easy it is to

break the 200 mph mark with some upgrades . All for under 12,000 k , New !

Get some higher lift springs and get rid of the blocks on your axle. They are probably the main reason for your wheel hop. Gives the axle way too much leverage on the springs.

ding-ding-ding!! We have a winner! :clapping:

Get some higher lift springs and get rid of the blocks on your axle. They are probably the main reason for your wheel hop. Gives the axle way too much leverage on the springs.

ding-ding-ding!! We have a winner! :clapping:

I looked at the first pic then read the posts hahahhahahhahhaaa yeah take the blocks out chuck them as far as you can in the recycling bin and buy or build a good set of leafs... blocks alow for spring rap and they load the leafs at a stand still you do not even have to move the truck..... oh and with the over size tires it will make the engine tranny t-case and housings come out from under it if you drive it to much llike that.... :agree:

oh and with the over size tires it will make the engine tranny t-case and housings come out from under it if you drive it to much llike that.... :agree:

:shake:

That is NOT a concern. I am sorry but with all the Jeep Speed desert guys out here and all the time I have spent wheeling that hasn't come up (yet). One of the biggest issues is the engine block mounts breaking at the higher speeds. That is why guys like Brown Dog and M.O.R.E make engine bracket kits that bolt into the multiple block holes.

http://www.mountainoffroad.com/_e/Motor ... engine.htm

http://browndogindustries.com/

If they don't have them , ALCAN up here in Grand Junction is a spring manufacturer . They actually make the springs specific to your vehicle weight and eye to eye length .

I think mine are alcans, they hold weight pretty good, had a half a yard of dirt in the bed the other day and it barely sagged. they flex fairly well offroad too, but ride a little stiff, i think its mostly the shocks.

If they don't have them , ALCAN up here in Grand Junction is a spring manufacturer . They actually make the springs specific to your vehicle weight and eye to eye length .

I think mine are alcans, they hold weight pretty good, had a half a yard of dirt in the bed the other day and it barely sagged. they flex fairly well offroad too, but ride a little stiff, i think its mostly the shocks.

The Alcans are known for a stiff ride. I had a set and I almost lost my fillings.