new rear tube bumper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Me too! I've been fiddling around with the welder... Dad and friends are teaching me. I like the look of this design the best out of all I've researched, so maybe i shall try my hand this summer and I promise not to build them for money :thumbsup: Unofficial Comanche Club Copyright regulations :brows:

• 3 months later...

finally got around to installing some LED lights for the tag. i got those bolt type lights with the LED's on the one of the bolt, they were on clearance at advance auto for 5 bucks. install was easy. took a pic but took it with no flash and my camera over exposed it, making it look super bright, really not though, just enough to light up the tag.

I was on the fence until you added the endcaps, really helped make the bumper complete.

I'd add diamond-plate to the back so you can see it through the bumper, then paint it to match. It would help hide the under bed area and make it blend into the truck a little more.

Here's my comments- take em or leave em.

First, the bumper looks incomplete (skeleton?) without a plate on either side of the license area to obstruct vision under the bed. Kind of looking up a skirt; nice to sneak a peek everyonce in a while but generally should cover things up.

Second, the end caps, I would think, should match the contours of the bed side. The bottom rails are heading in the right direction, but the end caps sweep up a bit much.

Finally, is there enough room on the bumper to act as a step? Depth?

Other than that, looks pretty alright.

• 1 year later...

damn this is just the best bumper ive seen I'm going to try and replicate it for mine. if you don't mind. looks a million times better than the standard 2 pieces of tube welded together. just great job man

86 mj 2.8 ax5 4.10s yukon gears and lots of late nights

"canopies are ugly and you should feel bad for trying to make your rig look like a suv"

• 4 weeks later...

so i built one just like yours. but not. mine looks a bit worse because i couldnt make those sweet endcaps. I'm at school right now but i will post pictures later. sweet idea man. thanks