krochus

to camo or not THAT is the question  

23 members have voted

1. 1. to camo or not THAT is the question

• Blue camo...SWEET!
    • Go Green or go home
    • waste of time and perfectly good spray paint
    • 1952 packard

I have the below wrangler that I'm considering painting. It has its share of dents scrapes, and is in need of a windscreen frame. The current dark blue has gone completely flat. I'm anticipating doing a restoration in a couple years so this will be far from a perminate alteration.

Now I could base coat the entire jeep in OD green and start from there but the tub will still be blue on the inside YUK!

but what about using the existing flattened dark blue as a base for a "urban camo job" much like some of the aircraft in the USAF aggressor squadron.

aggressor-squadron.jpg

possibly in a digital format

Any more pics of vehicles in such a color scheme would be very welcome, and of course any tips for getting the original paint to hold these other colors would be welcome as well.

Slightly off topic but, I always thought desert digital camo would look great on the MJ and wondered how much a wrap would cost; easy to remove when you're tired of it.

Wraps usually cost as much as a decent paint job... :ack:

Rob L.

"Digital Camo" on a TJ

I saw that and quite frankly I'm staggered by the amount of time it must have taken. Hats off to whoever painted that one. I do however plan on blacking my grille in the same manner

On a side note I'm considering adding another color to the mix to bust up the p[pattern a bit more. Prolly something halfway between tan and off white.

Wrangler%20D-Camo.jpg

"Digital Camo" on a TJ

I saw that and quite frankly I'm staggered by the amount of time it must have taken. Hats off to whoever painted that one. I do however plan on blacking my grille in the same manner

On a side note I'm considering adding another color to the mix to bust up the p[pattern a bit more. Prolly something halfway between tan and off white.

[ig]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_82LRCpo5bkc/S5jShOj_jYI/AAAAAAAAFDQ/CQqy4_c9pXk/s800/Wrangler%20D-Camo.jpg[/img]

not that much time. just lots of tape.... massive amounts of tape... probably a ball of tape the size of the jeep when finished...

Thank god we bumped into page 2 as if this thread wasn't 56k unfriendly enough[;)]

at this point it's done for a few days till some of the colors have a chance to cure, at which point I plan to add some small off white or tan blocks.

odiously this is one of those projects that morph into something completely different than the plan you had at outset

Thank god we bumped into page 2 as if this thread wasn't 56k unfriendly enough[;)]

at this point it's done for a few days till some of the colors have a chance to cure, at which point I plan to add some small off white or tan blocks.

odiously this is one of those projects that morph into something completely different than the plan you had at outset

neat but too 80's for me

here's a civic i built 2 years ago

and my grass drag sled