Experiencing City Life

87Warrior

I regret the absence from CC over the last month, but it has been a doozie.

I was finally able to find employment off the family farm following graduation last may. So here I am, working with the Kansas City Power and Light company as a Utility Forester. Transplanted from rural KS to KC, I am trying to get accustomed to the big city life.

Here are some of my observations:

1. Business men in sports cars on their cell phone might be worse drivers than the women drivers.

2. A lifted TJ works well at forcing open a gap in rush hour traffic. Much more effective than the white 2wd ford ranger my company gave me to drive.

3. The sheer number of people who do not work and will answer their door in PJs at 2PM is astonishing.

4. It sucks being 2 hours from my MJ build!

People in Missouri just can't drive at all, so you get them too.

Hey, hey, easy, Kansas drivers are worse. :clapping:

I regret the absence from CC over the last month, but it has been a doozie.

I was finally able to find employment off the family farm following graduation last may. So here I am, working with the Kansas City Power and Light company as a Utility Forester. Transplanted from rural KS to KC, I am trying to get accustomed to the big city life.

Were in KC are you most of the time?

Were in KC are you most of the time?

Just throw a dart at a KC map. Haha. Spent a few weeks in Waldo but am now around Lenexa. I have an apartment in Overland Park now.

I will say that the JoCo drivers are by far the worst. Guess they are in a hurry to make more $$$. Yes, I realize I now live in JoCo.... But I aint proud of it!

5. The amount of CRAP people have in their backyards is utterly disgusting.

I'm amazed you didn't realize how many people pick their nose in traffic jams . :ack:

You saw me?!?!?!!!!1!!!!!

:rotfl2:

Its even better when they know you caught them ......ahhh don't eat it !!!!!

Guess we got it bad here in the booger hills .

People in Missouri just can't drive at all, so you get them too.

The same can be said about the drivers in WI. :brows:

Let me rephrase.

People in America just can't drive at all, so you get them too.

I've been to a handful of states. Missouri is pretty bad, especially in the Lake Ozark area. By far not the worst though.

Lived in the KC area for 8 years, actually in Farley, small town north/north west of KCMO. Driving I-35 at rush hour was a combat zone! If you signaled an intention to change lanes, the person behind you in the lane you wanted to move into would floor it to stop you! Had to just pull in and signal at the same time and then hear the blaring horn and see the finger of the person behind you. Dangerous place to drive! Most people at that time simply moved into another lane without signals and without looking. Saw lots of road rage!

Stop and go traffic will make the most practiced manual guys miserable.

I experienced a lot of that when living in Vail during the winter. Used the 4:1 tcase to save my leg. Probably wouldn't be a good idea today....

I did some circuit planning in Leawood last week, around Nall and 127th.

Don't remember the highway, but when I returned from Germany while in the service in 1969, I took a cab from Fort Dix to the Airport in NY to fly home. My knuckles were white hanging on as the guy went in and out of traffic and commented when he saw another cab wrapped around the concrete pillar of an underpass, "guess he didn't make it!" Knees shaking and knocking, I was never so happy to get out of a vehicle!

try driving even relativly close to NYC you will get an adrenaline rush and break your neck making sure some a55 h0le in a little FARTCAN honda isnt gunna try to speed up next to you, besides speeding the potholes and bumps don't exactly feel too comforting, I'm proud to say ive driven over 3 main bridges in NYC jamminz.gif :banana: .....driving through NYC ( with a stick ) is probobly the stupidest decision ive made this year! I wanna live the country life :cheers:

Try driving a truck (almost daily) through NYC. All five boroughs, bridges, highways etc. And since no one wants to get caught behind a truck, EVERYONE tries to cut you off in traffic. I'm not proud to admit this but one guy caught my coffee with his car after he cut me off and slammed on the breaks........yea, driving in the city sucks.

You don't know bad till youve gone on I 94 in metro Detroit! If youre not doing 80 plus, youre getting passed! Gotta love it!

amen. Atlanta has a lot of that too.

You guys are funny with all your complaining. :D Swing by Detroit sometime and get off the freeways for a bit. When I'm in the big D, I slow down and look both ways for green lights. :ack: