Stepside Comanche?

Dave Stark

I was at the JY yesterday & i was talking to one of the guys that works there, he told me that one of their regular customers drives a FACTORY step side Comanche. Supposedly they only made 50 or so according to him, but for some reason i think he may be getting the Comanche & the J trucks confused...

I did a Google search to no avail, anyone heard of this?

There was a "factory looking" stepside Comanche on ebaynot too long ago... Definitely one-off, but very well done. I am with you on the getting the j-trucks and the Comanche confused... Easily done, and I have often been led to "A cool old Comanche like yours is sitting over here for sale..." To find a j-truck sitting there.

Not a bad thing by any means, because even the FSJ trucks are BA, and I would love to have one as a workhorse. It'd be a sweet tow rig for the MJ's also.

Rob L. 8)

Probably talking about the dually MJs with the extended Hanneman rear fenders that were built in limited quantities by a Cali dealer, si?

That's actually what i thought at first but he said it was definitely not that. I don't know, next time i go back i'll see if he can get me a pic...

Pretty sure it was on this forum, but I saw pics of an MJ with either an old Ranger or S-10 stepside bed on it. I'm personally not a fan of stepsides, but in the pic it looked goodl, and the lines of whatever bed they used matched up well. It almost looked "factory"

EDIT: Found the thread - http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14889

From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14889&hilit=comanranger

:cheers:

:eek: I've seen that before :hmm:

And that looks like the house down the street from me :dunno:

Here's the rest of the pictures if anyone wants to :drool: over it......

Sure which I would have gotten more/better pictures of it at the time.

But, I have not seen it around town too much the past year, only a couple times :(

No MJeff..........that's 3 housed down, and the man is a plumber and works out of that garage ;)

And I only rent a 2nd floor apartment now.......no more "home-ownership" for me, I'm not tied down up here (hint) :brows:

I rent a building 1 mile away, but it takes 2-1/2 miles to get there by the time you drive around all the RR tracks :fs1:

This is where I hide all the MJ's -

Oh, and no Comanchrangers over there :(

• 4 years later...