I got haggled !

DJM/78

So I'm driving around yesterday , getting rid of some loose ends . I stop at a pawn shop to see about selling some things .

I don't normally do this but I needed some extra cash to finish my axle . So the guy comes out and says " Cool truck , ya want to

sell it " ? I said " hell no " It took me long enough to find this one ! :nuts:

He proceeded to tell me that , those things aren't rare , their a dime a dozen . As he tells me what options my truck came with

and what I should have been looking for , like he knows everything about MJ's . He says if you would've bought the Eliminator ,

You would have got all the options , 4.0 HO , dana 44 , bucket seats , painted plastics ,roll bar , fog lights and a factory slider .

As by now I'm starting to get angry , :doh: I calm and tell him that the only things mine didn't come with was painted plastics ,

roll bar and fog lights . Also someone swapped the d44 .

Knowing I was wasting my time , I closed with " why don't you have one then " if their so easy to find ?

He asked again how much I wanted for it . I smiled and said " you couldn't afford it on pawn shop salary " go rip off some more

crack dealers !

As I crank up my tuned EFI 4.0 HO and proceeded to burn the tires off through two gears pulling out of the parking lot .

Thats one for the Comanche Nation ! Zero for the pawn shop boy !

So I'm driving around yesterday , getting rid of some loose ends . I stop at a pawn shop to see about selling some things .

I don't normally do this but I needed some extra cash to finish my axle . So the guy comes out and says " Cool truck , ya want to

sell it " ? I said " hell no " It took me long enough to find this one ! :nuts:

He proceeded to tell me that , those things aren't rare , their a dime a dozen . As he tells me what options my truck came with

and what I should have been looking for , like he knows everything about MJ's . He says if you would've bought the Eliminator ,

You would have got all the options , 4.0 HO , dana 44 , bucket seats , painted plastics ,roll bar , fog lights and a factory slider .

As by now I'm starting to get angry , :doh: I calm and tell him that the only things mine didn't come with was painted plastics ,

roll bar and fog lights . Also someone swapped the d44 .

Knowing I was wasting my time , I closed with " why don't you have one then " if their so easy to find ?

He asked again how much I wanted for it . I smiled and said " you couldn't afford it on pawn shop salary " go rip off some more

crack dealers !

As I crank up my tuned EFI 4.0 HO and proceeded to burn the tires off through two gears pulling out of the parking lot .

Thats one for the Comanche Nation ! Zero for the pawn shop boy !

Sounds like that guy has "bopped his :banana:" one time to many to that Pawn Shop reality show. :rotfl2:

haha nice i had a guy try to haggle me down like that when i sold my '01 police interceptor.... i had it on craigslist for $2200 OBO, basing the price off of a cleaner one with less miles a couple towns over that was on there for $2800.. this clown called me up and talked my face off for almost an hour nitpicking about every stupid thing you could possibly think to ask someone selling a car, then at the end he says "well, lets talk price. it needs paint, rear shocks, etc, and $2200 is a high price for that year anyway, would you take 1500?" i said hell no i won't" and he proceeds to tell me about the clean black '01 he found online that the owner wants $1800 for.. it was here that i interuppted him and said "you're talking about the all black one in lincoln with tinted windows and 130k miles right? he said yeah how'd you know? and i lit into him.. i said "cause you're full of it.... i saw that one, and he wants $2800, not $1800. matter of fact that's how i came up with the price for mine, and you can bet your bottom dollar that if mine was all black and not blue and white 2-tone i'd be askin that much for mine too!" then i laughed and said, "you got $1500? go buy a '92 camry and get f-------!" the best part was he called me back 2 weeks later and i ended up selling it to him for $1800 :rotf:

Very classy.

:rotf: yeah, you had to have heard this clown talk though, he deserved all that plus more... one of those "i know everything about these cars, you know nothing, and how about a $500 discount cause the left front tires a little low and theres some rust on the control arm bolts" kind of jerks... and then when he bought the car i went to bank of america with him so he could pay me with a business check, and because i don't have an account there the teller asked me for 2 forms of id so i could cash it, then a 3rd one cause they couldnt accept my work id, and he lit into the teller, screaming and swearing at her....

Very classy.

:rotf: yeah, you had to have heard this clown talk though, he deserved all that plus more... one of those "i know everything about these cars, you know nothing, and how about a $500 discount cause the left front tires a little low and theres some rust on the control arm bolts" kind of jerks... and then when he bought the car i went to bank of america with him so he could pay me with a business check, and because i don't have an account there the teller asked me for 2 forms of id so i could cash it, then a 3rd one cause they couldnt accept my work id, and he lit into the teller, screaming and swearing at her....

I had one of those try to buy my old blue XJ. I say try, because I wasn't interested. I think I only asked $1200 for the thing (they don't go for under $2000 unless they're really crappy, 'round here), and he proceeded to attempt to nitpick and pulled out the card about how it 'wouldn't pass an inspection, and thus couldn't be worth anything'. I told him it was what it was, seeing as it was a 20 year old vehicle that I admitted I wheeled and had modified, and he could call me back when he wanted to pay me what I wanted.

First person that showed up for my buddy's XJ (still for sale, BTW) offered $800 (he's asking $1500 firm). That was after taking it for a test drive and telling him how interested he was.

He pretty much kicked him off his property.

i now feel stupid for paing 1700 CAD fpr a 1992 beat up yamahaa atvv

C'mon freak, at least you got an excuse, when your young you learn from your mistakes. When your 35 it's just plain o'le dumbass.

Just don't play that card too often, cause then you'll fall into the other category quick.

I am 74 so that makes me wise and experienced. Also I am about the most intelligent person I know. But I have never let that stop me from doing dumb. and/or stupid things. :rotf:

Thats the difference Jimoshel ! Being smart enough to know when to act dumb . Sometimes it pays off .

Besides I never learned anything by trying to be smart ! :cheers: