What yuh think

deziped

Ran across a 85-86 MJ, 2.8, AT, 2WD, LB, today for $100. Has black upholstery in fairly good shape (top of Dash & Bench Seat shot). No headliner. Chrome grill, bed is in good shape it appears outside and under liner. Oh, it doesn't run, but we knew that didn't we. I really don't need anything off of it but I might be able to turn a profit on some parts and tinker around in the garage this winter with it. Think I'll buy it for the he-- of it.

About 10 min after I posted this I thought "Ah what the he--" and did it. The guys gonna put it on his dolly and bring it over tomorrow. I'll see what I've really got when I get done with the pressure washer. Right now I'm just leaning toward parting it out. I'll throw some pics up when it gets delivered.

The way things are selling on e-bay, you can make $200 profit just on the tail lights :yes:

:teehee:

I never turn down an MJ in that price range, no mater what it is.........That's how I ended up with a 2.5 in the fleet :eek:

i wouldnt part it out if its in even half servicible shape. but we need pics. and

I never turn down an MJ in that price range, no mater what it is.........That's how I ended up with a 2.5 in the fleet :eek:

whats wrong with a 2.5? i have one theyre great on the trails.

I tried running the VIN through Chrysler... too old to bring any info up. I think my cutoff for running MJ vins is like 88 or 89. I can pull my 87 up, but it doesnt have any details like the later models do. There is another site that may be able to translate some but I don't know whay it is, Someone else may chime in with it.

1.Country of origin U.S.

J.Make Jeep

T. Truck

W.Engine 2.8 V6

A. Auto column shift, 2WD

66. series 2WD Comanche

I. Trim package Custom

9. Check Digit

G. Year 1986

T.Plant of Manuf Toledo

serial number

This is from Chilton. They don't really impress me with their accuracy at times but here it is.