New Name Project SKY HIGH!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gen I kit had a weld on lower arm bracket. It got welded on right by the drivers side lower shock mount. The bracket would rip the shock and control arm mount off. I had the very first RK LA Gen I and Gen II kits sold to the public. The "Krawler joint" in the axle UCA mount on the drivers side is my design. If you got a complete kit you would have had to beat the stock drivers side UCA bushing out and replace it with a a ball type joint that has 4 little Allen head screws holding it in. The first version only had 2 Allens and the joint kept failing. Their kits also used to come with "Revolver" style shackles. Atfer they unloaded on me in a panic stop we, (Jeremy and I) came up with their new "boom-a-rang" style shackle for the XJ.

I have been involved with Jeremy and Heather at Rockkrawler since they took over the business. They even took me to SEMA with them a few years ago. Good people and they have really turned that company around.

The Gen I kit had a weld on lower arm bracket. It got welded on right by the drivers side lower shock mount. The bracket would rip the shock and control arm mount off. I had the very first RK LA Gen I and Gen II kits sold to the public. The "Krawler joint" in the axle UCA mount on the drivers side is my design. If you got a complete kit you would have had to beat the stock drivers side UCA bushing out and replace it with a a ball type joint that has 4 little Allen head screws holding it in. The first version only had 2 Allens and the joint kept failing. Their kits also used to come with "Revolver" style shackles. Atfer they unloaded on me in a panic stop we, (Jeremy and I) came up with their new "boom-a-rang" style shackle for the XJ.

I have been involved with Jeremy and Heather at Rockkrawler since they took over the business. They even took me to SEMA with them a few years ago. Good people and they have really turned that company around.

Thats pretty cool i love the RK stuff i may need some new joints soon tho some make some noise but i have herd that is normal is it??

Very sharp truck with some neat features! I like the look of the sliders you made. Did you just weld pads onto the frame and weld the tubing onto the pads of are they removable?

Yes we welded pads to the frame and the sliders are not removable jest welded to the pads super strong.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about your truck, glad your ok. Was wondering exactly where the drag link broke at. Do you have any pictures of it, Just curious, had a friend have one break on the street and ended up in someones yard. This one broke at where the threads end next to the pitman arm.

Sorry about your truck, glad your ok. Was wondering exactly where the drag link broke at. Do you have any pictures of it, Just curious, had a friend have one break on the street and ended up in someones yard. This one broke at where the threads end next to the pitman arm.

I think the nut striped out no break or someone jest dosent like me a lossend it.