2010 NFL Playoffs

HOrnbrod

Two "wildly" different games today. The Pats completed their mediocre season (for them) with a one-sided loss to the Ravens. Super defensive effort by the Ravens, especially Ray Lewis. Was glad to see the old dog perform as he did. The Ravens jumped out early and Brady and the offense could never recover. The Pats need work.

Another defensive struggle in the Cards/Packer game. NOT! Freekin' 51 - 45, Cards win. Absolutely no defense played in this game, until the game winning TD in O/T. Both QB's had super games, and again another old dog Kurt Warner comes out on top. One of the best ever in the post season. I still think they'll take out the Saints next week in New Orleans. :cheers:

we don't have to hear about that Brent guy anymore...

Sure you do, when he plays (and wins) next week. :bowdown:

Don, assuming you watched that Cards game.......unbelievable! I really can't believe Rackers missed that chip shot, he's pretty reliable. Looked like he tried to hammer it. Anyhoo, NFC better watch out, Cards are definitely coming together and will have the confidence/experience from last year. I say the Super Bowl will be Colts/Vikings with Peyton putting his name in the top 3 all time now that he'll have multiple Super Bowl wins.

Yeah, Rackers was underway for the kick before the ball got halfway to the holder. Nerves I guess, definitely the goat of the game. Aaron Rodgers had a super game - watch out for the Pack next year. I kinda agree with your picks, except would not be surprised to see the Jets for the AFC and either the Cards or (gasp) Cowgirls as the NFC spoilers. I'm kind of pissed the the Colts didn't go for an undefeated season and hope it blows up on them. That crap wouldn't have ever happened in the old days...........

EDIT: And if the Cowgirls should get in the Big Bowl, as much as I love the NFC, I'd have to go with the AFC team no matter who it is.

Don I agree - if the Saints don't 'show up' like they have not in the last 4 -5 games Warner will stonmp them.

Like one of my team members said "They need a good dose of act right"

Aye - your team member said it right. Could also apply to the Colts and a couple of other teams. These players are making millions a year. The fans support and pay these guys salaries and the teams have an obligation to the fans. It should be balls to the wall with the able best players in for the entire season for every game until they're eliminated, or sooner or later the fans might stop buying tickets. Most of the players won't even play in the Pro Bowl and fake injuries. That used to be an honor! Like everything else, it all boils down to more $$ for the owners/players (in that order) and the fans get screwed. :(

Cowboys are the most feared team right now jamminz.gif I saw Arizona takes down New Orleans and Farve plays a great game but can't stop the Dallas Defense and hopefully the NFC Championship game goes back to Dallas jamminz.gif

I have a feeling the Colts are gonna get upset by the Ravens, just the whole "sitting the starters" stats will come back 2 bite em

Did anyone besides me see that obvious facemask against Rogers on the last play where he fumbled for the loss? Ref was standing right there and didn't call it.

Yeah, I did.

But I really believe that the refs were called together at the start of this season and told to 'let them play'. I have seen unbelievable fouls this season in many games that the refs just could not have missed (even the talking head announcers commented on them). In last season, everyone was whining that the refs were trying to turn the air yellow throwing so many flags....so maybe we'll see some balance in the foul calling next year.....

Did anyone besides me see that obvious facemask against Rogers on the last play where he fumbled for the loss? Ref was standing right there and didn't call it.

Of course - it was hard to miss when it was replayed 10-15 times.

:D Most games always have calls that the zebras blow, but all-in-all I think this game wasn't too badly officiated. There were lots of opportunities for bad/missed calls I think because of all the offense. I don't think they changed the outcome of the game in this one. Let's hope for the rest of the playoffs this remains true.

Of course - it was hard to miss when it was replayed 10-15 times.

:D ................ I don't think they changed the outcome of the game in this one. Let's hope for the rest of the playoffs this remains true.

Let's see. Fumble return for touchdown in sudden death...VS.....retain possesion, 15 yards and a 1st down.

I would have to say that that particular no call was in fact pretty big :D

GO VIKINGS!!

I think the superbowl will be San Diego vs Minnesota unless the cowboys D can shut Peterson down, then the cowboys will make it.

San Diego finally got smart and put together a team that can win w/out Tomlinson since he never plays in the playoffs :roll:

Yeah - the Saints showed up!

Now we're gonna see whos next...sorta like the story of the mouse in the bar after hours:

'He lapped up the liquor on the barroom floor and for the rest of the night all you heard was "Bring on your G##daymn cat"...hic...hic...hic'

After three one-sided games this weekend, we finally have a barn burner going on with the Jets and the Chargers. And this was the one game I thought would be a SD slaughter. I'm glad I don't bet on the NFL............. :brows:

anyone else think that the way the Vikqueens ended the game was unsportsmanlike? going for the endzone on two different drives, on fourth down, while winning huge.

:cry:

If Tony Homo and the Cowboys didn't want the Vikings to to that, they should have stopped it. Brett Farve is the man, go Vikings!

If Tony Homo and the Cowboys didn't want the Vikings to to that, they should have stopped it. Brett Farve is the man, go Vikings!

Gotta agree with that. I can't wait to see the drama over the off season w. Jerry Jones and the Cowgirls. I'll have to go with the Vikes over the Saints as much as I like the Saints. And would love to see the Jets take out Manning and the Colts too, but don't see that happening. :cheers:

Dunno about the Vikes - Saints match. It will certainly be dependant who can score the most, (and most often).

I suspect that the Vikes will prevail, as the Saints could not handle the Cowgirls D line, and the Vikes seemed to puncture it at will.

just my .02 though...I have been wrong once or twice :yes: