My 1989 Jeep Comanche Eliminator

• 7 months later...

Thanks Guys...

what lift are you running?

That is a Home brew Rear 4.5" lift and Front XJ 4.5" parts...

2031946250049369580S500x500Q85.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but what tank is that from? How did you address the XJ pump/tank issue?

I'm considering doing the swap on mine. Thanks.

There really is no XJ pump/tank issues because that is a 15 Gallon Dodge Dakota Tank and the XJ sender fits right in... The only issue is the sender is for a 20 gallon tank so the guage will read empty but there will be at least 5 gallons still in the bottom of the tank..

I will be at a later time swapping to a Brand new Dakota Sender/pump assembly and Adapting the harness so that It can plug right in and hopefully be more acurate...

I added rollover vents and a filler tube vent tube and Had to make a some drop spacers to stop the tank from hitting the Bed floor so the Regulator is safe from dropping things in the bed and that acts as a stop so the stock MJ straps hold the tank up...

When I first did the driverside floor 7 years ago I did fab up the top brace but when I did the truck to the 97+ I bought Brand new Mopar seat braces which is what you see in the pic which is for the Newer seats...

I can not say for sure that the top braces are 100% necesary but then again Jeep put them there for a reason so that is why I replaced it the first time...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well my 97+ seats require a floor Bracket that was not there in my 89 MJ so I ordered the floor brace from MOPAR and Welded it in then drilled and plated the rear two mounts...

That is about all the info I can give as it is fairly simple but you will need to pull up the carpet and weld the brackets in then rework the carpet, I used 97+ XJ carpet and cut it to fit my MJ...

If You already have an XJ I would say just buy a 97+ XJ and transfer any parts from your 94 that you want to keep such as lift and tires rather then spend time with this mod but that is just me... If I could have bought a 97+ MJ I would have rather then spend the time and money building one...

I hope this info helps...

Thanks for the info. Where'd you buy the crossmember from? I tried to find them online but couldn't come up with anything. If I had the money, I'd own a '97 xj... But I got my Xj for free just for removing it from the owners land. It even have axles under it... I built it up myself. I can't afford another vehicle... I can barely afford this one haha.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Do you have any more pics of the truck on the outside? I have a Comanche with 31's and am considering bushwhackers....preferably straight front shots and side shots. Thanks!

These 31's that I am running are a winter tire and measure up as a 30" tire...

Here is a Front view...

Image Not FoundImage Not Found

A few months back I Finally Upgraded my Rear D44a with a Spartan Locker and Alloy USA Chomoly Shafts...

This Week I Just Got around to upgrading my tank and I am just about finished which I will save for tomorrow, from my first conversion 15 gallon tank to a 22 Gallon tank alot more BS the the 15G tank to make fit but I prefer to have as large a fuel tank as possible...

Image Not Found

Now I have to build a Custom Skid plate to protect it but that is much later...

Next is my Front axle in the near future...

For the front axle I am installing a Spartan D30 Locker and A Alloy USA Hub Conversion and Chromoly Shafts and the WJ Bigger brakes and top it off with my Rough Country Long arm upgrade kit which has been in the box for a few years now...