LKQ trip this sunday.

Automan2164

Captains log: :typing:

Everything went awesome. All in all the group got a '99 intake off a 4.0, stainless header, 2 seats for a chevy for me, an overhead console and temp sender for my MJ, tail light for the ZJ, and some random parts.

We did end up going to Tilted Kilt, and OH MY GAWD. :eek: HOT HOT HOT HOT waitresses. :drool: Ours was as sharp as a sponge, but overall really good burger, and even better eye candy.

We did have some carnage though... Pat managed to break a u-joint on the passenger side while backing off a snow hill on the edge of my street. Had to pull the shaft, and leave the stub... He has pics. How someone toasts a u-joint THAT BAD while doing so little is pretty good. Managed to do a little diag on Jakes wiring, and turned out to be a really good time.

Rob L. image_209027.gif

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. I'm going to bed now, but will post pics in the a.m.

dave, I'm ordering an install kit for the d30...It would probably be a good idea since I took some turns quick and she did leak a bit of fluid...

maybe an air locker should be involved...

i thought the Tilted Kilt wasnt open yet in Rockford? or did you hit up the Mad Town one.

Funny story there.....

We were on our way to Hooters.. and the radio station I listen to faded out... So I start punching buttons trying to find something on. My wife had used my ZJ a few times the last week or so and had set my second band to the local Ghetto-Thumper/Pop $#!& station. When I flipped over to that.. they had an ad for the Kilt.....

Our waitress was SO dumb.. that after I told her that we heard the ad on the radio and that is why we were there.. she said they weren't even advertising yet...

Other things we learned....

Pat and Aaron fight like an old married couple....

Pat and Aaron REALLY like cheap junkyards....

Pat doesn't like the counter girl at the cheap junkyard.

Pat has NO standards..

Jake takes being picked on...REALLY well.

Aaron's GF(whose name I can't remember) is really VERY understanding about Jeeper disease...Poor girl wasn't dressed for being in a frozen JY and she made the best of it. and I think made a new friend in dumb waitress

I also got my alternator for the Ferd.. Just have to find the motivation to put it on....

one more thing that we learned....

Jake really is a poor college kid... he carries his tools around in a Wal*mart reusable grocery sack.

i thought the Tilted Kilt wasnt open yet in Rockford? or did you hit up the Mad Town one.

Funny story there.....

We were on our way to Hooters.. and the radio station I listen to faded out... So I start punching buttons trying to find something on. My wife had used my ZJ a few times the last week or so and had set my second band to the local Ghetto-Thumper/Pop poo station. When I flipped over to that.. they had an ad for the Kilt.....

Our waitress was SO dumb.. that after I told her that we heard the ad on the radio and that is why we were there.. she said they weren't even advertising yet...

Other things we learned....

Pat and Aaron fight like an old married couple....

Pat and Aaron REALLY like cheap junkyards....

Pat doesn't like the counter girl at the cheap junkyard.

Pat has NO standards..

Jake takes being picked on...REALLY well.

Aaron's GF(whose name I can't remember) is really VERY understanding about Jeeper disease...Poor girl wasn't dressed for being in a frozen JY and she made the best of it. and I think made a new friend in dumb waitress

hey now....I have standards. one of my jeeps is a 5 speed.... :rotfl2:

lol. I'm going to bed now, but will post pics in the a.m.

dave, I'm ordering an install kit for the d30...It would probably be a good idea since I took some turns quick and she did leak a bit of fluid...

maybe an air locker should be involved...

nice, bring it on.

February 14th, 2010 :brows: Got nowhere else important to be right???

OK, I'm joking. I would not hear the end of that one...

At the earliest, sometime in February would work best for me. Should be healed up and ready to go yardin' by then. Pat, maybe you and I could make a day out of heading to the yard with the group and then swapping our front clip parts that afternoon?