my 1988 jeep comanche "ole rusty"

Is a rusty 80's Economy truck really worth this much cutting & welding ? . . .

I think if had it been a 1980's Ford Ranger, Chevy S-10, GMC S-15, or a Dodge Dakota for sure the truck would have been scrapped with no second thought's or parts saved, Just simply loaded up n hauled away ! . . .

There must be something special about jeep's it's the only little throw away truck i have seen getting restored !

Stupid question but why ? . . . all the fuss to save a Jeep ?

I;m not harshing you jeeper's at all just :???:

Mike

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, you need to read the whole thread and understand the location that he lives in. Salted roads plus a salted atmosphere, from the bay with the largest tides in the world - straight in from the Atlantic.

They don't come a lot better than this is his neck of the woods.

I understand that part, Thats not what i'm getting at . . .

I feel it is only being Fixed because its a "JEEP"

Had his truck been an S-10 Chevy in the same shape i feel it would have been recycled.

We got truck's like that around here, people just jack them up let the frame flex the opposite way stuff a 2" x 4" between the box n cab, then they let the jack down the wood hold's the cab n box level, then they drill 3-5 holes from cab to box, then they run 3-5 Lag bolt's through the cab n wood into the box and tighten them up, and drive it a few more years then scrap it . . .

I see this done to Mazda B2000-B2200's all the time, and a yota from time to time, the Nissan 82'-86' ish D21 reg cab short bed 2400Z powered truck's seem to last the longest out of the tiny truck's . . .the one with the 4 square head lights . . . never seen one of them rusty . . .

this body is the long laster:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... 8%26um%3D1

Mike

I see, well i was just wondering . . .

It seem's the little Jeep's are the only I-4 truck's getting restored these day's, I haven't seen an S-10 nor a Ranger being restored, pimped out or v-8 hot rod'ed sure but i have seen a dozen of these Jeeps under going a full n complete restoration as they where a AMX,Camaro, Mustang, Javelin ECT . . .

I was just wondering what the significance was ?

Mike

Naw you ain't any crazier then I, I have saved and rebuilt several truck's that had no business on the road way's some of them i even drove for years while thy were dangerous before fixing them up to like new. . .

I normally mess with the truck most dare not, i collect n used 1952-1978 1ton's-semi's and larger. . .

here's an example of larger:

M123A1C towing a D11 Cat:

M123A1C that pulled 300 ton's aka 600,000LB's:

M123A1C Blinging:

I'm looking to own a truck like the 3 pictured above . . .those are Truck's. . . The MJ is just a toy :thumbsup:

Mike

it's cool them big creatures only do 38-42mph :eek: but if the brakes ever failed that 40mph can become deadly rather quick like. you got 785 Cubic inch V8 non turbo diesel turning 300hp n 900tq screaming 2,800rpm's with 10.11 gears n 54inch tires the forward momentum as impressive.

less of course it my M123A1C then it have the VT-370M which is the turbo charged 785 V8 Cummins diesel turning 375hp n 1150tq rolling 45mph with 56inch tires :yes: :clapping: . . .

I got my build plannned out just waiting for the right truck n price then i'm going to start building. . .

Mike

the blue ones pretty much the same the spring hanger bbroke off on one sode of it and it broke somewhere else too. but this truck is just a wheelin truck now i found too much damage to put on the road so off roading it is . clic on the link in my sig and you can have a look at the one I'm gunna put on the road.

My Jeep goes in to have a new exhaust system installed for $240, 2" pipe and a turbo muffler, i'm sure it'll sound like crap but at least it have more power then with a the rotten one leaking a few different spots. . .

any idea the turbo's sound like om a 2.5er ?

Mike