deer hunting

daltonmcgill7

Please write in English on the forum, don't use TXT MSG shorthand. Us olde phartes can't read that junk. There is no practical limit on post size and you don't get charged by the character here, so there is no reason not to use the common language - English.

Yup,

I'm a hunter, our firearm deer season starts Nov 18Th. Archery started back in September. Small game started Middle of October. Shot my first deer in 1982. It was a 4PT I shot with a bow. I shot @ them for a couple years before that. :shake: Started hunting in 1979.

Bow is tough for me since breaking my back. Firearms is always looked forward to. Bird hunting holds a special place as well.

Here is some pics and a video from seasons past.

Last year:

2000 Bear

2004 Spike

Three Coyotes with the bow 2001

Image Not Found

2007 Summer goat

1998 with the wife

Head shot pig 2005

Image Not Found

Enjoy..

CW

yep, i'm a die hard hunter. i couldn't even guess how many deer i have shot between slug gun, rifle, bow, and black powder and different states. in '06 i shot 5 does 2 bucks in one state with rifle, 1 doe 1 buck, in another, 2 with bow (1 in each state), and 2 muzzleloader (1 in each state). that's a total of 13 for 1 year alone. most years i shoot 6-8 and get meat from up to 14.

this year i have tags between my dad and i (i usually shoot his and he doesn't use the meat) 5 rifle in nd and i have 2 in mn, then i still have 1 in each state for bow, and 2 in each state for muzzleloader. i should come out with at least 9 or 10, but shouldn't have an issue filling all of them. then i'll pick up 2-4 from camp members who don't want all the meat. i'm shooting for 15 in the freezer this year. i hope. ;)

I hunt mostly bird but sometimes i get out for somthing bigger , still waiting to bag my first deer.

This post reminded me of some clasic hunting songs.

Da turdy point buck :

Da turdy point buck 2:

Hunting the duck :

boy i love Youtube !

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD JOB GARY!!!

Ours opens here on Wednesday. I have the day off and will be in my stand before light and won't be out till dark or the brown is down... :brows:

Guess your havin' back straps for dinner!!! If I leave now I just might.. no they will be gone fore sure.... :rotf: :D

CW

One thing I miss about Nebraska (there are only a few things too miss)...Deer meat... I never hunted myself, but my Pop, Uncle and G'Pa went out every year... Deer Sausage and Deer Jerky are the BEST!!!

If anyone gets a big pull this year, gets some sausage or Jerky Made up and wants to ship me some, I'd be happy to pay for shipping and whatever for the meat.

Wade

Where did you get the mountain goat CW?

That wasn't even a "hunt"!! there is a guy a couple towns away that runs a farm over run with these. He sells them. He used to shoot them for whom ever bought them and off they went. but as times change he is not considered to be within city limits and has been warned about gunfire on his property. Well, he now has no way to kill his goats and is getting out of the business. A guy on my pistol team, bought this old goat for a pittance and asked my to shoot it with my bow. The farmer was quite resistant. Having never seen one shot with a bow and having no faith as the goats skin is so tough, 22RF bullets usually bounce off!! Well, he was dumb founded when I shot this one. He watched the whole thing and said it was the fastest and cleanest kill on one of these goats he has ever seen, in 50 years..... :clapping: As it turns out, my buddie couldnt even eat this thing as it was tough and seine beyond belief. The farmer got one over on him, guess this was one of his old "stud" rams...

I got the horns on the shed facing the noisy neighbor!! LOL She thinks I'm some kind of wacko anyhow, with all the jeeps coming and going.....

CW