CFC's unofficial death toll on Comanches........523

WahooSteeler

I don't understand the logic behind destroying a perfectly good vehicle that "supposedly" got 19 mpg when it probably actually got more, to get higher payments on a vehicle more expensive to maintain that got 21 mpg.

I really, really don't get that.

I don't understand the logic behind destroying a perfectly good vehicle that "supposedly" got 19 mpg when it probably actually got more, to get higher payments on a vehicle more expensive to maintain that got 21 mpg.

I gave up trying to figure it out. No matter what kind of 'deal' anybody got, the older gas guzzling car would cost you less over 5-10 years at least.

:shake:

There was a mint smurf truck that got turned in at the chevy dealer just down the road from me. If I had the money I would have tried to save it, but I did get the nice black unpainted flares off it during the middle of the night. :chillin:

~Alex

I gave up trying to figure it out. No matter what kind of 'deal' anybody got, the older gas guzzling car would cost you less over 5-10 years at least.

:shake:

And not to mention they didnt take a degree in Astro Physics to fix.

why doesnt the goverment use the vehicles instead of crushing them? At our local lot, there was alot of very nice cars that could be used for government workers., :dunno:

why doesnt the goverment use the vehicles instead of crushing them? At our local lot, there was alot of very nice cars that could be used for government workers., :dunno:

Because that would be EFFICIENT!!!! We all know how government work goes...

I am proud to be an American and would have it no other way. Although I do not agree with our country's leader, I respect him. The folks on Capitol Hill need a slap of reality :doh:

I'd be surprised if ANY government vehicle gets better than 14 mpg. A good portion of them are limos or suburbans, or limo suburbans, and they of course have an extra thousand pounds of armor to them. Maybe the government should have skipped the CFC program and switch to armored Honduhs.

What I find most irksome about this is that the engines have the be trashed. That is a good number of perfectly good blocks out there, not to mention great 4.0s, that would be more efficient if placed in smaller lighter cars. It was a good idea on paper, but not when executed.

~Alex

Man that is just sad...

I saw in JY once a rust free and straight comanche short bed beign used as a garbage container; asked the guy if they will sel the entire truck and said no (WTF?), and of course a sad memory of 2 entire MJ´s with engines and all sold to a metal recycling company (WTF?)

There are stupid people out there, be carefull guys... :(

Someone traded in a grand national GNX. WTF? I would have had to find a way to get it off the lot. I would have taken out a loan and given the guy the $4500 if it was in any decent condition

If that's true, then somebody had some serious issues. The dealership would have been better off taking it as a trade, as it could easily have been resold even if they had to send it to one of their used lots. Some retard salesman probably had no idea what it was, same with the person who brought it in.

Some of the other things on the list are really :nuts: too. People trading in a 4th gen Camaro/Trans Am, I know prices have gone down but the last time I checked you could have easily gotten $6000 for either in TERRIBLE shape. The driveline combination in them is worth a pile to everyone from rock crawlers to hot rodders as they're desirable and of relatively limited production. Same goes with the C4 vettes, hang onto those stupid things because they're going to be worth a bunch more in fairly short order...

where I live we have a programe thats like yours.. they just brought it out a few months back. you get $2000.oo towords a new car or a bus pass for a year if you turn in your 95 or older car, truck, suv, whatever,, it does not have to run, start, drive or anything... said thing is that they have to be crushed, they can not be scraped out to people that are in need of parts for older vehicales as they want them all off the road...

crazy... if you ask me.... I am glad to run my old 87 around and I hope sometime soon they tell me I can not so I can scream like crazy that they are nuts and have become predjuce against me for driving an old truck.

can you see all the guys with the 40's 50's 60's hot rods with 20 and up grand in them being told they have to crush their cars.. how stupid....

One insurance lady told us she did not understand why we wanted to drive old trucks as soon they will be insurable... hahhahahaaa I will be driving with out insurance if that happens

One insurance lady told us she did not understand why we wanted to drive old trucks as soon they will be insurable... hahhahahaaa I will be driving with out insurance if that happens

Or put in the VIN plates from a 2001 Cherokee along with the driveline, interior, and front clip. While not legal, a few MJ's are running around registered as XJ's with the new parts... Should get you another 10-20 years out of the truck :smart: