Hey everybody ..........

JACKED88

I'm new to Comanche Club so first let me start with a little about myself. My name is Robert. I'm 52 years old and have lived in Katy, Texas all my life. I'm game for just about anything outdoors. 4-wheeling, hunting, trapping, fishing and boat racing to name a few.

Now about my MJ. Although we (my family) have owned numerous Cherokee's, the 1988 MJ Eliminator I bought last week is my first of its kind. I've wanted one for a long time and couldnt pass this one up. As above its a 1988 Eliminator that started out as a 2x4. The previous owner started a 4x4 conversion however didnt finish it. It has most of the running gear out of a doner 88 Cherokee other than the auto trans and t/c. Needless to say I'm lookin for a doner to pull not only an auto tranny and t/c out of but tha t/c shifter and linkage as well. (anybody)

I've got another issue I'll need some advice on but I'll save it for later. (Hint --- the previous owners pathetic attempt on about a 6" lift using Ford's Super Duty truck springs) :dunno: What was he thinkin???

Anyway, I think I'm realy gonna enjoy this site. I obviously havent been on it long enough to know anybody but I'm sure that'll change.

I'd be interested to know how many MJ's are in tha Houston area or at least Texas.

More L8R.

Robert

Welcome Robert! Sounds like you have a solid project there to start with. I think we also have another member in Katy.. He will have to chime in.

Wecome to the addiction!

Rob L. :cheers:

Thanks everybody for tha friendly welcome. Lookin foreward to meeting more MJ owners. don't guess this is tha right place to start a thread about my MJ so I'm gonna move to tha projects page. See ya there.

Robert

Welcome to the club man!! I bet theres people there from this club that would give a hand and share info on finishing up your project. Sounds like a solid truck. Those are hard to come by these days. It will be fun converting it over. It was kool when i did mine.

Welcome Robert! Sounds like you have a solid project there to start with. I think we also have another member in Katy.. He will have to chime in.

Wecome to the addiction!

Rob L. :cheers:

Thanks everybody for tha friendly welcome. Lookin foreward to meeting more MJ owners. don't guess this is tha right place to start a thread about my MJ so I'm gonna move to tha projects page. See ya there.

Robert

Just a quick explanation of the different forums:

Tech: Questions from an owner asked to the club about a particular MJ tech issue they are having

Projects: A place for owners to blog about their trucks and for the rest of the club to ask questions about that truck. The more photos, the better. :D We're suckers for MJ photos.

Pub: just about anything that doesn't go in the other forums. This includes intro threads like this one, Tech questions that aren't about MJs, comments about the weather, etc.

DIY forum: for specific step-by-step tech writeups that members have done

Wheeling/meeting forums: A place to coordinate get-togethers.