Bracket #1, cracks in 4 locations:

Image Not Found

#1, the two cracks on the other side:

Image Not Found

Close-up of one of the largest cracks, which penetrates 100% of the thickness:

Image Not Found

Crack on bracket #2

Image Not Found

And some NA companies wonder why people buy chinese junk. Well, the chinese junk might be junk, but at least I wouldn't pay a high price for it...

I will grind the cracks out, weld them up and grind them smooth; but I have to ask why that should be necessary with something that is laser cut and CNC bent and purchased with the intention that there would be no BS required.

You just buy these? I'd send them back and make a big deal about it.

What are these for? If it's anything structural and other people don't notice the flaws, people could get injured..

I'm planning to raise a little hell, but I'm probably SOL as who I bought them from has a policy of no returns after 60 days. I ordered them the last time I was in town, over 2 months ago, and didn't see them until today as I hadn't been back until Saturday. Either way, unless they were nice and agreed to cover all shipping costs, it wouldn't make sense for me to send them back. Also, if they go back, that halts my progress, I don't know how much longer I'll be here, but probably only until Saturday (it takes at least 5 days to get anything shipped here). That is my unique plight as a result of my living and working arrangements.

And they're link brackets. So yeah, they're structural. I think most people who'd be install them would notice the defects in short order, and as much as I'd like to make a big deal about it the part that is cracked actually isn't that important. That said, it would be full on hacktackery to run them as-is. It's just poor workmanship coupled with either an entire lack of pride, or zero quality control. Thoroughly unimpressive.

would it be improper for me to ask were they came from? so i don't order from a company with "either an entire lack of pride, or zero quality control"

I will be talking to them on the phone tomorrow to see what they say. I am not happy that they would send this crap out in the first place, but I like to give everyone a fair chance.

I will post who it is later... Regardless of the actual outcome of my chat, just then when I post who it is I can post how they rectified my issues (if they do). Fair? To me it is, IMHO this stuff should never have left their shop.

I think waiting for their response before posting the company is a good idea; That way someone doesnt just read the bashing part of the thread and not see the outcome. That way whether they rectify the problem or not everyone will know the whole story. Unfortunately lack of pride in your job and laziness are becoming more common in this country. I think partly because of the way employers treat their employees these days.

That sucks. I hope they take care of it for you. If they are a quality company the 60 day policy shouldn't matter. In this case it is obvious that you haven't tampered with the parts and they were defective from the beginning.

I try to think of things this way. Everybody and every company makes mistakes. It's how you take responsibility for those mistakes and correct them that makes you stand out from the rest. :thumbsup:

Willy

I've worked for manufacturing companies, specifically a company that did fineblanking and bent parts similar to that for the automotive industry.

It could very well trickle down to a lazy QC. It can all depend on the shift. 1st shift guy might not let anything that isn't 110% perfect go, while the 3rd shift guy might let those go out because it's less work for him.

I know it sucks, but I've seen it happen, a lot.

So, I gave Ballistic Fab a phone call. Short hold period, explained my concerns... He said they had a bad run and some of the stuff go shipped that shouldn't have. Which I'd interpret as that I wasn't the first to complain, so hopefully they're checking things a little more carefully now.

Apparently I have a new bracket on the way.

So, I'd say the did a good job of fixing this - however it will still cost me money as part of the shipping always comes up collect when going cross boarder. And I lose time one way or another.

We'll see when it gets here.

Its good that they owned up like that. I hope everything works out for ya.

I emailed Rubicon Express yesterday about having to "custom fit" some coil spacers that were supposed to just drop on. We will see how they decide to handle that.

I was just suprized that it wasn't what they described.

Rob L.

Okay, obviously I suck at ordering parts or something.

I had a box of stuff from polyperformance that I had ordered at the same time as the above brackets. I took everything out and looked at it and it all looked good. That was yesterday. Today I went to put it all away as I don't need most of it yet. But something was bugging me. Normally they thread the jam nuts and tube adapters onto the shanks of the rod ends for shipping. They didn't this time.

Hmm. All the JJs are LH thread. All the adapters and nuts are RH. They are ALL supposed to be RH. Invoice says RH, and I know I did because they called me back to make sure I actually wanted all RH when I ordered it.

Sweet. So they're sending me RH JJs and a pre-payed shipping label to send back the LH ones. They were friendly and apologetic about the problem, but one way or another it's a PITA/waste of time.

Hopefully I don't sound like a chronic complainer. :shake: