Best (looking) MJ factory graphics?

jpnjim

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to see another MJ/Eliminator with the stripes mine had. The previous owner removed tha stripes and body molding but you can still see where they were. (see pic)

Tha first stripe above the molding was on the angled part of the body line and about 1 1/4" wide. It went down tha side and all tha way around tha back of tha truck including across tha tail gate. Above that the first of the four smaller stripes also went all tha way down tha side and across tha tail gate. The three above that stopped at the tail lights.

Anybody ever seen that design? If so, how bout what color it might have been? I'm thinkin a darker gray fading lighter as the stripes progressively git smaller. Oops, for got to mention the four smaller stripes get smaller as they go up. Tha top one is only about 1/8" wide.

"autographixdesign" has an Ebay store. I bought a set from him years ago but are no longer there. I seem to remember talking to someone that said they can do anything that they've offered in the past regardless of what they have listed. The only problem with these stripes is that they stop at the lower body line. If you want the original full decal that wrapped down to the rocker, then you'd have to paint it. What I did was find a silver that was as close as I could find (happened to be the same color as my VW Jetta that I already had a pint on my shelf!), mask off the large silver stripe at the body line, and use the vinyl stripes above that. Since I was going for a little more function than was originally there, I went with bed liner instead of fading to black.

Original:

My version:

I have agree with JACKED88... there isn't a whole lot better than those Eliminator stripes running all the way down the body!

I like Bob's Pioneer decal;

100_1087.jpg

This is what I originally had on my truck. These look great, but since I couldnt find any when I did the repaint, I went with the Sportruck stripe. Now that I'm in the paint process yet again, I'm going with the 91-92 Eliminator stripes. Always liked the 91-92 Pioneer stripes though.

Yep, thats it. Thanks guys.

Only having whats left of the glue lines to go by, I hadnt noticed the stripe below tha molding. Now I see in yalls pics and on my truck that the lower stripe is actually one pc from just above tha rocker to above the body line. Then of course the pin stripes.

At least I was right about it being a fade from light to dark. Anybody know what colors were available? Surely all body colors didnt git tha same light gray/silver to black fade.

Dura liner is a good alternative for paint or stickers. One of my sons did that to tha bumpers and kick panels on his 99 WJ. Looked pretty good.

• 7 years later...
On 9/6/2009 at 5:19 PM, CRF136N said:

Definately the Eliminator; 91-92 in any color (all OEM colors look great on that truck!). I really like the color matched fender flares, 3 peice color match grille, bumper fog lights, 10 hole wheels and the simple decal arrangement on the shortbed body jamminz.gif . I'm not much for decals, removed them from every vehicle I have owned...but the Eliminator decal package just seems to fit the truck nicely.

Although not stock (I don't think), I do also like the 2-tone look I have seen on some MJ's where the flares/rockers/bumpers are silver or tan with the appropriate body color to flow with it. (like the XJ laredo and country packages) I REALLY like that burgandy one pic'd behind the MJ that Pete posted on this thread :yes:

Minus the rollbar, make it a shortbed and put some stock silver finished jeep wheels on it...(anyone know where these pics are from? Chrysler museum or private collector, etc?)

10dceef0f3a6a6f4478306ce5df52413.jpg

-James

This truck was a factory built truck .There were two built (Limited edition) .The other one was dark blue . They were built just like an Xj limited, two tone with color matched grill, leather seats and every option available with Crome roll bars. They were  special builds for the plant managers Gerry Huber and Ronnie Williams .

30 minutes ago, Streetwedg said:

This truck was a factory built truck .There were two built (Limited edition) .The other one was dark blue . They were built just like an Xj limited, two tone with color matched grill, leather seats and every option available with Crome roll bars. They were  special builds for the plant managers Gerry Huber and Ronnie Williams .

f250b2ac4d7ce7cc920d6bb43656e8c0.jpg