Prayers Needed

BJA814

Things have been kind of crazy here the last week or so. I started a great new job on Monday that I would love to tell you guys about, but we have gotten some unfortunate news during the past few days.

My mother, whom all my gearhead, Jeep, and dirtbike friends passionately call "Momma" has been feeling pretty under the weather for the past two weeks. She's been to the doctors several times this week to try and figure out what's wrong.

On Monday, she will be having surgery to remove a mass in her abdomen at Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston . I would like to ask that you keep her in your prayers during that day and throughout her recovery time. Once they find out what this mass actually is, I will be sure to update you.

She will be at BWH for 3-5 days and then will be home recovering for about six weeks.

Her surgery will be with Dr. Neil Horowitz of Dana-Farber on Monday at 1:00pm, at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Our family asks that you take a moment on Monday around 1pm, and send all your positive thoughts and prays her way.

Thank you in advance for all of your prayers and support, we are looking forward to having Mom back and healthy.

Brad Amaral

Surgery went extremely well! Doctor said he found no signs of cancer. We won't know 100% for a few days, but he is 95% sure that we caught it in time.

Mom is recovering in the hospital for a few more days. Doc said she was very calm and did great. What a trooper.

Thanks for all your support.

Brad

Thanks again guys...I can't begin to tell you all how much it meant to our family to have everyone praying and thinking of her.

Day two of her recovery is going great, she was up and walking this afternoon!!

She should be home friday. Can't wait.

Brad