her daily driver died

chunks6067

so we went for dinner, came back click click click

dead battery :fs1:

any advice on a good battery for a versa

nothing fancy but, should i look into a warranty, cranking amps??

also, ive never seen a battery that size either, its about half the size of mine

Just go to Autozone, and get a Duralast Red top, with the warranty.

My gf's car has something draining the battery, I have to take it out and have it charged at AZ monthly.

They even replaced it twice, because it had gone bad.

......Or you can get an Optima Red Top :D

A Versa??? whats that take.... D-cells or 9 volts????

Get some rechargeable ones... its cheaper that buying all those packs... :rotf:

I don't know whats wrong with Optima batteries. Had my last one about 6 years(red top) and it got a pretty good abusing. Would be quite a waste in a toy DD like a Versa though..

Interstate or Die Hard... That way you aren't replacing it all the time.

Just go to Autozone, and get a Duralast Red top, with the warranty.

My gf's car has something draining the battery, I have to take it out and have it charged at AZ monthly.

They even replaced it twice, because it had gone bad.

......Or you can get an Optima Red Top :D

Have you had the diodes in the alternator checked???? I was battling the same thing trying to figure out why it was doing that. That's what it turned out being.

Whatever you do don't get an optima.

Here we go again...... :no: :no: :shake: (If you don't remember, we had a lengthy thread on just this subject.)

Optima's are costly. As I have continually say, with most things, you get what you pay for. Personally, I run them in three of my Jeeps. No problems, will buy again. Before them I always bought the biggest DIE-HARD that would fit in the battery tray.

Get the best and largest battery you can afford and that will fit.

CW

batteries have changed a lot over the last decade. die hard used to be the best, and now its one of the worst, its all i used to buy.

i see many batteries and problems with them through the shop, so i have some first hand expereince with different brands. also i used to, as someone said, buy the biggest strongest battery i could fit. not a good idea in most regular cars these days, if you have an oversized battery, it isn't being used to its capacity, and it will actually have a shortened life. i would use this same logic to optima, i've only installed a couple, and know a couple people that use them. they are designed for harsher conditions, and extended draws and recharges. in a little car, it is not gonna last most likely, or it will last as long as a $80 interstate will, which is good, but does it justify the cost?

back to brands, the only battery i can suggest is interstate. in the last decade of working in shops that install only interstate, i can count on one hand how many have failed under warranty, and thats now a 6 yr warranty. they are the best battery around for normal use. i have heard good things about delco though also.

so my advice is buy the interstate battery designated for your wind up car :yes:

...the only battery i can suggest is interstate...

AND if you ask for a blemish battery at the interstate place, you get the same good battery, in a re-furbed case, for only $23 bucks. I think they only carry a 30 day warranty, but hey, its a friggin interstate. :brows:

Rob L.

we only install interstate at my work and in the 2 years i've been there we've warrantied one battery, and it was dead on our shelf so it must've been really broke!

i have an optima in my jeep and love it though i had it warrantied twice before i got a good one. (first one made sizzling noises!!! so i took it back as its a non venting battery it shouldn't sizzle. second one tested bad after only 3 months.) i have seen them do well before and this one i have now does well running winches and everything else

I wouldnt buy her one for her daily driver, but whats so bad about optima?

Quality has gone downhill, way downhill. They don't like being discharged. Randomly fail. I've got three here that I am trying to figure a way to get warrantee replacements from optima for.

Here we go again...... :no: :no: :shake: (If you don't remember, we had a lengthy thread on just this subject.)

We did have a lengthy subject on it. And what was true then is still true now. Optimas cost more and will not take the abuse(IE discharging) that a standard lead acid battery will.

For a few bucks more you can get an Odessey battery that is actually a quality unit and you really do get what you pay for.

...the only battery i can suggest is interstate...

AND if you ask for a blemish battery at the interstate place, you get the same good battery, in a re-furbed case, for only $23 bucks. I think they only carry a 30 day warranty, but hey, its a friggin interstate. :brows:

Rob L.

ya, interstate can only sell them as new for one year. after that they sell them dirt cheap. i am pretty sure walmart, autozone and all will sell batteries as new long after that, they just slap a new round sticker on it that has this month's date on it.

well looks like i got some great advice from ya'll people i trust

thank you all

i think I'm going to go for something with a good warranty, and that can be replaced at a place with a lot of locations, just in case it happens again. hopefully she won't keep the damn car much longer

as for the jeep, now thats another story