Hell Creek opinion?

Anyone have an opinion on the Hell creek stuff? Just read some of his stuff in tech, seems like they know most of what they are talking about. Looked on their site, and they make a 6" kit for an MJ, seems reasonable on price. Even has adjustable arms. What it says:

"This kit includes: Front coils, rear spring plate, pwr steering pitman arm, front adjustable track bar, quick disconnect sway bar links, front & rear adjustable upper & lower control arms, transfer case drop kit, brake line drop brackets, rear shackles, Hydro shocks, & rear U-bolts (you must choose either 2 3/4" or 3" below). "

$899.95

Stuff I wonder about here... Drop brackets? Not listed... Drop pitman? Didn't think those worked well on our trucks...

Just looking to get some input, without putting them under the scruitiny of the whole board. Again, seem to be knowlegeable, comes with adj arms, and the price is a little better than RE. Plus, if I help a small company out by buying their stuff and running it, :thumbsup: .

Thanks fellas,

Rob L.

Anyone have an opinion on the Hell creek stuff? Just read some of his stuff in tech, seems like they know most of what they are talking about. Looked on their site, and they make a 6" kit for an MJ, seems reasonable on price. Even has adjustable arms. What it says:

"This kit includes: Front coils, rear spring plate, pwr steering pitman arm, front adjustable track bar, quick disconnect sway bar links, front & rear adjustable upper & lower control arms, transfer case drop kit, brake line drop brackets, rear shackles, Hydro shocks, & rear U-bolts (you must choose either 2 3/4" or 3" below). "

$899.95

Stuff I wonder about here... Drop brackets? Not listed... Drop pitman? Didn't think those worked well on our trucks...

Just looking to get some input, without putting them under the scruitiny of the whole board. Again, seem to be knowlegeable, comes with adj arms, and the price is a little better than RE. Plus, if I help a small company out by buying their stuff and running it, :thumbsup: .

Thanks fellas,

Rob L.

front AND rear control arms?

$899.95

Thanks fellas,

Rob L.

I think what they are trying to say is they are adjustable at the front joint of the arm, and the rear joint... maybe they adjust out both ways... Like a bi-curious control arm.... :brows: .

:dunno:

Rob L.

$899.95

Thanks fellas,

Rob L.

I think what they are trying to say is they are adjustable at the front joint of the arm, and the rear joint... maybe they adjust out both ways... Like a bi-curious control arm.... :brows: .

:dunno:

Rob L.

that would be stupid if that were the case. no need to have them adjustable in two spots per each arm. i think someone typed something wrong. i would like to see some pics of the kit to actually see what you get.

Everything I have heard about them is very positive. From what I have heard, you should have no problem with getting ahold of them and being able to ask questions and/or get some pics of the kit...

Hi,

The front and rear upper and lower adjustable control arms is a typo :oops: . I will have to get my webmaster to change that.

It should read, "upper and lower front adjustable control arms." The 6" kit that we sell is a Rough Country kit. we did prototype a set of 6" rear Comanche springs to lead-not-follow, but it was his opinion that most people who wanted a 6" kits would rather go S.O.A., so we dropped that idea.

We have always sold Rough Country parts with our leaf springs. That is no secret. They make good quality products, and we use them on our own vehicles. We do manufacture our own leaf springs, though.

Rob L., you don't need drop pitman arms on Comanche trucks, so they are not included. Also, since this kit has adjustable control arms, there are no control drop brackets included, either.

Thanks,

Tom

Dunno about lifts, but I bought the metric tonne springs from them and was impressed by the quality (excellent) for the price. Not cheap, but I'm very satisfied with my purchase.

X2 I have the metric tonne springs with the 3 inch lift and they ride better than the old AAL's.

Rob L., you don't need drop pitman arms on Comanche trucks, so they are not included. Also, since this kit has adjustable control arms, there are no control drop brackets included, either.

Hey Tom, thanks... Pete must have moved this into the limelight here. I had it in the local section, but Pete must have thought it would be better out yonder.

Also, I was unaware that with adjustable control arms a drop wasn't needed. Is this correct? It wouldn't be too harsh of an angle?

Rob L.

Hi, Rob,

With a 6 inch kit, a control arm drop would probably be a good idea. They would certainly make handling mush better. I really don't have much experience with control arm drop kits, though. What do some of you other guys think?

-Tom

I'm right around 6" with SOA rear and adjustable UCA's and fixed LCA's currently. The LCA's I'm running were donated to me by a friend and they have a bend in them, but I'm not sure of the brand (Rusty's maybe.....). It's a functional setup, but not ideal. Handling-wise everything is nice (even a bit twitchy due to the caster I'm running), but you definately feel every crack in the road, trust me.

I have a set of RC drop brackets I bought a few months ago when they had them on the "deal of the day" sale, waiting in the parts pile to go on when I get the time to actually work on my MJ instead of the new house :ack:

My .02c

Jeff

There are three basic ways to corrent the control arm gemoetry in our trucks using aftermarket parts: long arms, short arms, and drop brackets (which generally are designed to re-use stock length arms). 6" is about the limit for short arms. Drop brackets are not "necessary" to get 6" of lift, but they will improve the ride due to the better geometry of the arms. But then there's the argument of the brackets hanging up on obstacles. Some hate DBs and some like them, but short arms for sure won't hang down like the drop brackets. Every kit design has pluses and minuses.

6" is about the limit for short arms. Drop brackets are not "necessary" to get 6" of lift, but they will improve the ride due to the better geometry of the arms.

eggzachary ;)

Jeff