New Cowl Hood Installed

Thanks guys. I had my friend who owns a local body shop paint it - I just purchased the paint and the beer and did the prep. The Reflexxion hood is fully functional, and sucks out a LOT of air. I'll take some pics of the underside tomorrow. :cheers: And yes, the hood cowl does hit the left wiper arm if you use the top hole for the prop rod, but clears fine if you remove the wiper arm. I'm going to reinstall my Redline prop struts too and just leave the passenger's wiper arm off unless I really need it. Takes about a second to pop on or off. :D

I'm going to reinstall my Redline prop struts too and just leave the passenger's wiper arm off unless I really need it. Takes about a second to pop on or off. :D

Was wondering if you were going to leave the prop struts on or not. I was thinking maybe I could mod the passenger side so it wouldn't hit but haven't got that far in my life yet. Maybe cut the wiper post down a little or add a spacer on the backside so it sets lower. :dunno:

I've got a few spares laying around to play with and will be sure to post up anything that I get to work.

Looks Great. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Yeah Paul, all the wiper post needs is about 3/8" lowering to clear. I'm going to play around with it too, maybe modify the wiper arm cup itself or the bend of the arm in the parked position. Haven't had time yet. If only Reflexxion had punched the cowl out about 1/2" higher, all would be golden. I'll let you know too if I come up with something. :cheers:

I had the Reflexxion hood along with the Redline Tuning struts. All I did was open the hood very slowly and let the hood rest on the wiper arm.

I was going to put a rubber pad on the wiper arm so that the hood would not get scratched. But I ended up ditching the hood altogether.

Oops - just noticed the right front corner is not latched all the way down. :oops: It lines up all around pretty well though after I finally got all the shims arranged. :cheers:

Have you ever heard that song "Shine on (you crazy diamond)" by Pink Floyd? When I see this thing thats what it reminds me of....Brite and shiny!

(Looks great Don)

don, maybe you could relocate the wiper arm to the center of the cowl and get one of those funky one wiper deals off of an early 90s mercedes! :yes:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. That system worked great but would require major surgery on the firewall and wiper motor cavity to install.

Don, myself a fan of simplicity, have you ever considered ditching the decals? I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I just think if you lost that, it would be perfect. As is, the stripe draws you into the center of the side of the truck, where there isn't much going on. Its just eye catching I guess, and I would rather br drawn to the front or back... Am I nutz?

But if you asked me, all vehicles would have AMBER turn signals, RED tail lights, black steel wheels, and RWL tires. I am supposed to be looking at the vehicle, not the flashy rims, euro lights, bolt ons and decals. Simplicity is king.

Or maybe I am just crazy. Usually I'm not a big fan of chrome, you did a nice job with it though, and I like your truck exactly like it sits, but that decal just destracts me.

Rob L.

Oops - just noticed the right front corner is not latched all the way down. :oops: It lines up all around pretty well though after I finally got all the shims arranged. :cheers:

Outstanding Don! That is the steel one correct? Your shop did a great job on the paint well matched and very smooth.

Thanks Joe - yes it's a Reflexxion steel hood. The hood paint is just a hair darker, but I'm hoping it will eventually fade a bit as the rest did.

Rob, the decal was originally installed by the dealer as they did sometimes back then. Below is an original pic taken in 1999. I wanted to keep it the same when I had it repainted. If I had to do it again now, I'm not sure what I would do, but the decal stays for now. :D

Hey Don I notice your not using the antenna base. I took mine off due to excessive wind noise I was thinking about plugging up the hole before painting I couldn't believe how much wind noise being generated. I'm using one those stick on surface antenna in the shell just wondering if you removed your for the same reason?

Hey Don I notice your not using the antenna base. I took mine off due to excessive wind noise I was thinking about plugging up the hole before painting I couldn't believe how much wind noise being generated. I'm using one those stick on surface antenna in the shell just wondering if you removed your for the same reason?

That's a stock power antenna I have on mine. :cheers: