Peterson's Ultimate Adventure

I saw most of the rigs over in Butler, PA on the 4th. The one that I went to see wasn't there. Mel from Off-Road Evolution painted his flat red JK in flat black, and put a huge Hobart sticker on it. Not sure if that was the featured one or not. They had some cool stuff, but nothing to write home about.

do you know what rig the mag built this year?

For some reason I am thinking a JK...

Rob L.

I thought they were doing something with that grey F250 from a while back :dunno:

They did have a pretty cool F250 diesel there all done up with the 2009 logos and such...not sure if that was it or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wonder how much pissing and moaning they will do about the parks this year???

These guys gather up a bunch of rock jockeys and pretend to go wheeling at all different parks all over the nation. But if its not just one boring @$$ rock crawl after another they write article after article whining and complaining about the parks.....

• 1 month later...

These guys gather up a bunch of rock jockeys and pretend to go wheeling at all different parks all over the nation. But if its not just one boring @$$ rock crawl after another they write article after article whining and complaining about the parks.....

Are you referring to the editors of 4 Wheel and Off Road? Have you actually read any of the articles? They do almost nothing but praise the parks. :hmm:

do you know what rig the mag built this year?

For some reason I am thinking a JK...

Rob L.

They brought back the Ultimate Super Duty and renamed it the Ultimate Ranch Truck. The JK was '07.

Willy

And JeepSkool broke the Ultimate Ranch Truck. Powerstroke diesel pushing a 10k pound trail truck busted a pinion and 11 1/4" ring gear in the rear diff.

Also busted driver side rear window and put a nice dent in the sheet metal above and behind the window. Lesson learned on that one: Don't take a full size truck on a ledge trail narrow enough to force a Samurai into the rock face...

I still plan on being to the first to do that trail without damage. Gonna duct tape some rolled up beach blankets to the back top driver side corner of the cab :brows:

• 1 month later...

Are you referring to the editors of 4 Wheel and Off Road? Have you actually read any of the articles? They do almost nothing but praise the parks. :hmm:

Willy

Sorry... forgot about this thread...

But yes I was there when the UA came to Cliff's Insane Terrain several years back. It was one large herd of rock pirates whining about how muddy everything was. It was quite wet that summer and the entire park was soaked. They were completely unequipped for the terrain and managed to do only a couple of trails the entire day. The participants complained during the day about the conditions and the noticeable lack of rocks. The article in the magazine and the e-content were not terribly positive towards the park...

• 1 month later...