Lets see pictures of your rust bed skin repairs.

Oh, no, nothing wrong with it. Just thought it might be a tad optimistic to expect an answer. And I realized you'd used the search, and I've made the mistake of not looking at the dates. Figured I'd let you know in case you didn't realize.

Sorry if you felt offended, insulted, or ridiculed in any way, shape, or form. It wasn't my intention either.

Here's mine:

Before shot...

Then cut out the rust. In hindsight, I would have cut away more than I did. Easier to weld in the patch panel with thicker metal.

Weld patches. I did mine in 4 pieces. On the last one, I used a magnet to hold it in place. I also weld the panel on the back side of the original. I have tried welding in the panels flush, but am not good enough to keep the warping down.

I fill the thickness of the metal in with fiber hair bondo. I leave the welds rough on purpose so it grabs the bondo better. When done, you can primer the back side with a spray can of inside frame coating applied with a 24" spray hose.

Add bondo and urethane primer sealer.

Then cut out all that work you just did when you add cutaway flares! :doh:

The flat bed was interesting. 

I'd like to see someone with a rusty bed go retro and make a step side bed.  The sides would be easy enough and trailer fenders are cheap and come in a bunch of different sizes.  The tail gate would be the hardest part to make it stock looking unless a J-10 tailgate would work?

A step side comanche would be way cool.

Oh, no, nothing wrong with it. Just thought it might be a tad optimistic to expect an answer. And I realized you'd used the search, and I've made the mistake of not looking at the dates. Figured I'd let you know in case you didn't realize.

Sorry if you felt offended, insulted, or ridiculed in any way, shape, or form. It wasn't my intention either.

No none taken, I was just reviving the old post in hopes that others would join in or the original people would out their two cents back into it, if its held up or what not some time later.

And people always say just buy a new one thats not as easy as it sounds. Here in the rust belt it is impossible to find a rust free one up here unless someone brought it up here from the south.

Who has made repairs to a rusty bed skin above the fender flare?

Let me see your repairs?

Diamond Plate??

Aluminum??

Rivets?

Welding?

Fusor or other glue?

Cutouts from Another Bed?

Fiberglass?

Bondo?

I live in washington, What's rust? lol