Badlands August 15

mvusse

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's morning. Just got my daughter up, and packed the cooler.

Now we juts need breakfast, get my daughter off to marching band practice, pack my clothes and I'll be on my way. Guessing ~9:30 or so. Taking it easy on my rear axle, about 60mph the whole way will make for 7 hours driving time. count 30 minutes for breaks, and I should be getting there about 5pm or so.

met up with some new and old faces. got to wheel with one group on friday and the other on saturday which was kinda nice. only damage on my end is a scratched flare and something wrong with the pass side of axle. will rip it apart soon to find that out. kinda thinking wheel bearing.

met up with some new and old faces. got to wheel with one group on friday and the other on saturday which was kinda nice. only damage on my end is a scratched flare and something wrong with the pass side of axle. will rip it apart soon to find that out. kinda thinking wheel bearing.

Same fender flare as what was already scratched up?

Good video of your truck, love it.

2 Flat tires from crap stuck in the bead and a minor dent just above and behind the driver's door when a friendly tree decided to reach out and stop me from flopping the truck onto it's side.

Kind of surprised me, really. I thought with the low backspacing and the spacers on the rear wheels, my large track width would make it more stable than it evidently did.

Overheating problems on the way home made for a long trip. I'm hoping it was just remaining mud I didn't flush completely out of the radiator, but I have not ruled out the water pump yet.

Alright here are my pics - All in All - it was a really good weekend. I went 800+ miles without a problem and met some really nice people. Indiana gave me a sinus infection though.

Marcel drags the rear of his bed like hes a mini trucker :D (if you don't know what that means - work at stylin trucks and you'll know)

Putting Marcel to work :twisted:

This spot back here made us feel home 8-)

So he decided he would rest for a little bit

And the fun trip home

The rest can be seen here

I would make the trip again, but i would prefer to stay longer than a day. For some reason i got 16.2 mpg going there, and 18.3 mpg coming home. can't complain.

so i see you found that quarry back by orange, dave.

yepper, fun little spot but kinda like you said. its just cool seeing new stuff all the time.

yeah i agree. people always ask why i go to the badlands so often and i always says that its different every time.

Hey, anybody know if Josh has his pics up somewhere yet?

He gave me a piece of paper with info to his account on photobucket, but I can't find it. The account that is, not the piece of paper.

i just sent him a message, when i get the link i'll post it up.