Badlands August 15

mvusse

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm heading out Friday morning, but since I'll be driving by myself (rest of JeepSkoolers are taking a more northern route) I'm not in any hurry. Get up whenever I wake up, make breakfast, pack lunch, and take it easy out there. Best guess is leaving around 10am or so, getting there around 5 or 6pm.

Well, through circumstances beyond my control, I will not have new Maxxis Bighorns OR Treadwright D-Muds. Just a non-matching set of used ATs.

But still, I should have no trouble with that green trail rock crawl or muddy area. With the 4" higher stance and front locker I'm going to attempt to get to that one wall at the quarry again. If I can get to it I know I can climb it. But with my long wheel base and long body behind the rear axle, getting to it is the hard part.

I plan to do some playing in the quarry, and need retribution on the (definitely NOT stock friendly) green trail.

Are we planning to do the orange as well? Or the mud flats atop the dunes nearby the pipes? Or the mud pits in the trees?

Wade is staying at Badlands (Red mallcrawler ;) , red Dodge 2500 tow rig with truck bed camper), as is at least one JeepSkooler (grey XJ, lifted 6.5", no front bumper) and myself (gray/black/rust MJ lifted 6.5", no front fender flares). My tent will be easy to spot also. It's a dirty orange canvas square pyramid. Can't miss it.

When do you plan on arriving?

yeah dave i'm staying at the badlands now. my buddies are gonna call when they are in attica so we will have a couple of minutes to get ready and head out. i think you know what my truck looks like :D

i think we are doing RED trail friday :drool: then quarry, woods, pipes, lunch, orange and or green trail. that is what i think the plan should be.

yeah dave i'm staying at the badlands now. my buddies are gonna call when they are in attica so we will have a couple of minutes to get ready and head out. i think you know what my truck looks like :D

i think we are doing RED trail friday :drool: then quarry, woods, pipes, lunch, orange and or green trail. that is what i think the plan should be.

You mean PINK? I guess you were serious about rolling it... You're nuts!

Quarry woods pipes, lunch, then orange and/or green?

We can leave out the pipes by themselves in the morning. I believe both orange and green go through them.

Then again, I've only been there twice.

Marcel

You mean PINK? I guess you were serious about rolling it... You're nuts!

Quarry woods pipes, lunch, then orange and/or green?

We can leave out the pipes by themselves in the morning. I believe both orange and green go through them.

Then again, I've only been there twice.

Marcel

pink/red, same thing. always wanted to run it and we will have the right jeeps for it. after i do that, then mission impossible will be next for a later date.

i don't think any "colored" trail runs the pipes either.

i used to know the park like the back of my hand 10 yrs ago, but its all changed. i like it though, they've done nice stuff with it. like when you go through the entrance, and down the hill where the quads and people park, there's a whole nother section to the right with trails and a gravel pit. back in my day you could only go left to the road to the dunes.

i used to know the park like the back of my hand 10 yrs ago, but its all changed. i like it though, they've done nice stuff with it. like when you go through the entrance, and down the hill where the quads and people park, there's a whole nother section to the right with trails and a gravel pit. back in my day you could only go left to the road to the dunes.

yup, there are some REALLY nice rock areas back there that we should hit, not to mention orange trail.

I'm pretty sure green came to the river. I had to be pulled through the mud right before it. My buddy almost flopped his XJ in that same mud, and Pat got stuck on a log in the river right there. The pipes are like 300 yards downstream from there.

I'm pretty sure we went through the pipes in the orange trail as well, the first time I went to Badlands. June sometime I think it was.

Either way, JeepSkoolers are dropping like flies. Anthony (xjawgi) and I are both still in. Of the four maybes one is definitely out, no word yet from the other three.

And after not having used it in close to a year and not remembering where I'd stored it, I found my safety flag in the second place I looked! jamminz.gif