Badlands August 15

mvusse

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot about the flag - how much are those?

Anyone know? I can't remember.

they have a couple different choices, most expensive being 20 bux i think. i still have the first one i bought 10 yrs ago to.

but its a good idea to figure out how to mount it now, cuz its a pain sitting in the entrance waiting for someone to figure out how to mount your flag. you can also zip tie one to a cb antenna

we all have cb's right?

your such a jag, dave. gosh. :yes:

ya i know, i broke that rule my last trip. ran with a group where a couple guys weren't prepared.....its not fun because of all the time it takes to do recoveries, and more important, its not safe.

well official rig count is 9, with a maybe for 1 more.

Hmmm, I count 7 on WI4x4 (8 if jeepjerry's back is ok), Dave on here, Anthony on JeepSkool and myself.

That makes 10, possibly 11 plus the "almost sure".

well official rig count is 9, with a maybe for 1 more.

Hmmm, I count 7 on WI4x4 (8 if jeepjerry's back is ok), Dave on here, Anthony on JeepSkool and myself.

That makes 10, possibly 11 plus the "almost sure".

that list isnt accurate. only couple of guys from wi4x4 are going now and one guy will be meeting us saturday that my dad knows who lives an hour from the badlands.

sweet action. all jeeps but one are really nicely built too. there will be one stockish TJ.

Be aware I'm running half bald street tread 33s on a D35 rear...

Although I'm pretty sure it's not C clip, so if I do break a shaft it's not the end of the world.

And those 33s still work much better than the 29s did. Add the locker, and okay, I might be considered "nicely built" after all.

I do still have to walk over the green trail rock crawl, and dance through the mud by the river bend to get retribution.

And I WILL get to that corner wall in the quarry. Even if I have to dig a furrow into the rock bottom with my trailer hitch.

4" more ground clearance, 4" bigger tires, so much more stuff to attempt.

Black gear oil less than a month old, leak at rear axle pinion shaft and inconsistent drive line vibration clued my in my rear pinion shaft has play in it. This will probably end up in all the teeth ground off the pinion gear, which happened to a buddy's TJ years ago.

Against better judgement (which I have never had anyway) I am still going to Badlands. I might be in front wheel drive when I get there, though.

Thanks to the Aussie I have been able to wheel with a busted front axle shaft before. This weekend I might be wheeling without power to the rear axle...

BRING IT ON!