Two XJs down, One more to go.

Geonovast

Since my dad got his new one, we've decided to strip out both the donor and the receiver to save his innerds. Got the first one stripped today, going to the crusher in the morning.

l_23cfdd06700f497aa0a6b8cb706fa59c.jpg

l_16dc941f477b4ab190dbe93dc9314f64.jpg

l_cd662ebb88024e59aea963ddd77a7da8.jpg

l_e36c09009bff400381d7fc7729bc7fed.jpg

Many, many, many thanks to $500 MJ, automan2164 +1, in helping me get this all done in one day!

As the title says, still got one to go. No motor or trans in this one, but I need to change both axles.

Still not sure when this will happen. Still probably a few weeks away. The more people that can come, the better, even if you're not wrenching! I'll post up possible dates when I get some.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great time! We all had fun, I got some parts, and the power harnesses that I needed, along with the keyless stuff :brows: . Fun wrenching, can't wait to do it again. Even caught some of the power tour heading over to geonovast's. Clocked about 230 miles.

More pics:

Rob L.

I love how much squat that XJ had in the back once we got the motor out of it.

Looks like its ready to launch now :rotf:

Also, how bad are the oil stains in your car-port Correy? :grrrr:

Also, how bad are the oil stains in your car-port Correy? :grrrr:

Not as bad as I'd expected. They're just new stains on top of old stains anyway.

If I can find the money, I'm gonna clean it up as much as I can, paint it, and do an expoxy coat so future stains will literally wipe right off. Then they can't complain about me doing car work, because the oil stains is the reason they gave me for not wanting me to do it. They already approved me painting, too. Just gotta get the $$$.

Let me also add, that wade's truck(89eliminator), in person, is absofreakinlutly THE cleanest truck I have seen. :drool: Even with the damage to the flair. And wheeling it none the less? I would hate taking it out in the rain! Props to you Wade. Well done.

Sick, just plain ol' sick.

Rob L.

Let me also add, that wade's truck(89eliminator), in person, is absofreakinlutly THE cleanest truck I have seen. :drool: Even with the damage to the flair. And wheeling it none the less? I would hate taking it out in the rain! Props to you Wade. Well done.

Rob L.

I gotta see this thing. We'll see how she compares to my '88 ;) :rotfl2:

Rob L.

I like your 88. It's a nice truck.

But Wade's blows yours out of the water.

Rob L.

I like your 88. It's a nice truck.

But Wade's blows yours out of the water.

:banana: :cheers:

So Wade, my birthday is coming up in august... Keys are in the truck. I'll PM you my addy. ;)

Sounds like we all just need to get together around Wade's truck and have a group :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: .

Rob L.

That is one TRASHED brake rotor in the one picture....

I used to have a set of those on the wall in my garage off of my SIL's car.

Yep, came off the $400 XJ. Just take it with as a gag now. Travels with me in the car. Got all the way through the fins, and overheated the rotor until it separated from the hat of the rotor. PO's take on the rotor: "It just exploded..." Yeah right. More like slowly met its demise grinding against the piston of the caliper. :roll:

Rob L.

So Wade, my birthday is coming up in august... Keys are in the truck. I'll PM you my addy. ;)

Sounds like we all just need to get together around Wade's truck and have a group :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: .

Rob L.

I apologize in advance for this one: :rotfl2:

From the sounds of things, it would go something like this...

• 5 weeks later...

This weekend's too soon, next weekend's my anniversary, so I'm thinking the 25th would be good to strip out that other XJ. Since my 2.5 has managed to wreck a 35, I'm somewhat anxious to get my 4.10 axles into my red MJ.

Are any of you free the 25th or 26th?

This weekend's too soon, next weekend's my anniversary, so I'm thinking the 25th would be good to strip out that other XJ. Since my 2.5 has managed to wreck a 35, I'm somewhat anxious to get my 4.10 axles into my red MJ.

Are any of you free the 25th or 26th?

Possibly. I think I might be dog-sitting though. What about the weekend after (7/31-8/1)? I am free then. Unless Whatever the girlfriend has planned for a "birthday suprise" :dunno: Falls on that weekend.

Rob L.