Two XJs down, One more to go.

Geonovast

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting another one soon, this time from a Club member :D

It's an 87 2 door 4.0 4x4 5 speed. Clutch is useless, and there's some slight front end damage. We've determined it's better off put to rest than sold for a couple bucks.

It'll be at least a month, but this'll be another cut-up job. Not because I want the axles this time... but because I want the engine bay for a grill. :yes:

I'm planning on being there again for the third one in a row. I'll be bringing an old friend with me this time though... :thumbsup:

2796_539818996307_6603948_31986045_5286215_n.jpg

Also, if it has (and it should) the factory 10 slot grille I call dibs on that baby from a mile away. I'd even pay you for it AND give you a replacement 8 slot so you can put it on that mobile BBQ of yours... That really is the only thing I can think that I might want off of it right now...

:D

You're wrong Correy.

Since Pat and I discussed swapping over the '97 front clip, I need to start gathering hard to find parts for the next setup I'll be putting on the front of the '90...

I know, I know. It won't be the correct "factory" setup to put back on there, but my '88 has been cruising with the UNBROKEN 10 slot for 3 years now and I absolutely love the look of the 10 slot grilles...

And thanks to the last visit, I've now gotten all the parts I need to complete the setup, however it currently has two passenger headlight buckets in it so the drivers side is kinda just sitting there...

5893_545634272447_6603948_32229628_8186083_n.jpg

Next I wire it all up and make it into a set of disco / party lights for all of my rave parties :banana: :jump:

You're wrong Correy.

Since Pat and I discussed swapping over the '97 front clip, I need to start gathering hard to find parts for the next setup I'll be putting on the front of the '90...

I know, I know. It won't be the correct "factory" setup to put back on there, but my '88 has been cruising with the UNBROKEN 10 slot for 3 years now and I absolutely love the look of the 10 slot grilles...

I'm confused, whats getting swapped where?

Rob L.

You're wrong Correy.

I'm confused, whats getting swapped where?

Rob L.

Pat and I discussed swapping my entire '97 front clip for some parts he has that I want last weekend. We've about got it figured out for me to get some parts he has in his massive inventory.

So I'll be reverting the truck back to the old style front clip, which I have decided that I like more... Hence the need for another 10 slot grille :peek:

Speaking of car-decor, I want to make a "comanche bed couch" something awful.

Rob L.

How would that work? Enlighten me :popcorn:

Well, take an MJ bed with rotted wells, and a clean back end. Chop off the last 2 feet. Make a back rest out of plywood. Get cushions/upholstry, put them in the bed section. For extra touch, get compact house bulbs, and insert into taillights.

I can't find a pic of one for the life of me.

Rob L.