Two XJs down, One more to go.

Geonovast

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring a box of tissues.

I could probably do it the week after, I was just looking at doing is as soon as possible. GF's due date isn't until August 13th, but we're pretty sure the kid's coming early, and I would really prefer she not go into labor when I'm elbow deep in Jeep.

Only thing really holding it up is I still need something to put on it for a front axle so I can haul it to the scrap yard.

I mean just to get rid of it, Flatbed wrecker? Maybe break even with the driver and have him haul it for the scrap money.

Rob L.

I bet it'd be pretty hard to find one. We did have that done once, guy picked it up for the scrap value and was actually not too happy to find the truck was missing an axle when he came to get it. This was also back before scrap prices were crap. I got $36 for the first XJ.

Add to that, it'd probably put some nice scratches in the concrete. Landlords may not like that.

Ugh, if I hadn't listened to my dad all them's years ago, I'd probably have a 3.07 D30 sitting around.

The weekend of the 25/26 my family is coming down to visit me. Be busy all weekend. 31/1 works great for me.

I'm compiling a list of things I need. I put a stock radio back in the MJ today, one thing I'll be needing is the steel piece that bolts onto the radio to hold it up in the dash. The stock unit I wired in tonight was missing this piece and until I get one, its just gonna float around in the dash. Maybe you got one?

I'm out for any of this. surgery is happening thursday morning, and it's going to be a bit more involved than they thought, so I'll be out of work for at least two weeks, and at max. 20lb lifting for around 10 after that....plus no climbing on ladders.

Looks like it'll be 31st, 1st, or 2nd. Jo really thinks she's actually gonna be delivering this weekend(our anniversary, so that should be fun), so that weekend should actually be better.

Brent, I'm sure I can get you one of those pieces. If there's not one in that XJ, I'm pretty sure I have one laying around.

I still need something to bolt on for a front axle. Brent, will you be able to bring that one? I'm assuming that Pat will not have that MJ parted out before his surgery.

Wade, it'll be nice to finally have you make it out this way. Hopefully we'll be able to get some work done between drool sessions.

I'm working this one the same as the last one... I want the axles, seats and wiring. Flares have been spoken for, and while I know that doesn't leave much left, everything else is up for grabs. This XJ is the base models of base models, it does not have ANY amenities whatsoever.

That 2wd axle is still back in MI, I told you to let me know if you wanted it and I never heard a yes or no so I left it there. I'm not planning on being home between now and then.

There HAS to be a way to get this thing to the jyard with no front axle. Back at college we were dragging Cherokee carcases down the street, granted it was iced over, but we flipped the darn things on their roof and got them to where then needed to go! :yes:

Let me think. Does anyone have a trailer? I guess we all drive trucks... I just bought a very very nice sawzall today and haven't the chance to use it yet...

Pat, you might want to come to just watch :rotfl2:

Yeah, I guess I should have had you grab that. Cutting it up would definitely be an option, and should provide some entertainment as well. Only thing that sucks, is the scrap place has crappy hours, no weekend and they close at like 3. I doubt I could fit the whole truck in the back of my 2, especially with the 2.5's rear axle about to explode, I don't want to drive it too far.

flip it on it's roof, and throw it on either my tow dolly, wade's trailer, or correy's dad's trailer.

or cut it in 3 or 4 pieces...front section, rear section, then cut them from front to back. I've done that before too lol.

Junkyards in MI don't require a title if the vehicle is in 3 or more pieces...

We cut them up and trailer them a lot at my house.

I wish I would have kept my little trailer over here now for times like this, its back in the woods keeping the Blue MJ company right now. All I have to offer is my truckbed and sawzall for the weekend.

That's ok, there won't be much left of it when we're done, so it should fit in the trailer ok.

And I do have the title for it, so that wouldn't be a problem anyway.

Flipping it on its roof isn't practical because of where we're doing it... no room under the carport, and I'm SURE doing it in the middle of the road would cause someone to complain.

Nice of you to offer your trailer, but you shouldn't need to bring it unless you're taking that motor back with you. Scrap place has no weekend hours, and I'm sure you need to be home before Monday.

I talked to my dad today, he doesn't seem to think his trailer can handle that much weight, but I do. That and between my truck and the trailer, should be ok. If all else fails I'll have to store some in the back of the 2.5 and simply make more that one trip.

We should be good to go on the 1st. I should have the XJ here either early that morning or Friday night, so you guys can start showing up whenever. I'll supply some food(I'll use the big George Foreman in the house, since me and the charcoal grill don't seem to get along anymore.)

Correy posted on Facebook that he decided he wanted to start drinking tea now instead of pop so I'm just giving him some crap about it.

Also, I bought a pack of 25 sawzall blades today. I'm ready to roll.