get your bets in :what's wrong with my suburban

brdhntr

so, it started spitting and sputtering all of a sudden yesterday. i went and put some fresh gas in this morning. still spitting and sputtering. this afternoon, it wouldn't start. that where it is now. cranks over fine, but no gas. looking in the tbi, there is no gas coming out so it is not getting gas.

so, i'll take a look at it tomorrow but i wanted to get the bets in on what it's gonna be. who's got fuel pump? fuel filter? fuel pump relay? electronics? lets get the bets in! :shake:

my bet is that it's just a chevy/gmc product.

and that I have no idea why you're surprised about it breaking

:P :yes: :clapping:

:agree: ... and this is after I use to work for GM.

~Alex

my bet is that it's just a chevy/gmc product.

and that I have no idea why you're surprised about it breaking

:P :yes: :clapping:

:agree: ... and this is after I use to work for GM.

~Alex

that's funny. i feel the same way about ford, and i used to be a ford employee. i think you see the worst of the vehicles when you work on them. :D

in defense of my chevy, it's got 220k+ miles on it and never had anything major needed. in fact, it's had a new water pump, brakes, an alternator replaced, and a new exhaust. not bad for 220000 miles. it's really been an excellent truck. i change the oil, filters and other fluids and drive it. i'm not easy on it either, i use it as a truck, not an oversized car.

the only better vehicle i've had is my audi. 156k miles and the motor has never been opened up. never. the only repairs i've had to do are control arm bushings, brakes, and struts. i'm doing a rebuild on it now so it's getting alot of new stuff. it's an 84 and i've had it since 88 so its been great.

i just ordered a new pump and kit. what a deal! i got it for $34.66 shipped from rock auto. it's even the kit, not just the pump. i thought that was a great deal. :banana:

so anyone wanna come put it in for me. i don't wanna get any gas on me. :yes:

:yes: :yes: :yes:

i just ordered a new pump and kit. what a deal! i got it for $34.66 shipped from rock auto. it's even the kit, not just the pump. i thought that was a great deal. :banana:

Make sure you open the box long before you plan on installing it...

All of my experiences with Rock Auto have been less than satisfying... I had them air me a fuel pump for my MJ once.. the box came and an auto tranny kick down cable was in the box....

Make sure you open the box long before you plan on installing it...

All of my experiences with Rock Auto have been less than satisfying... I had them air me a fuel pump for my MJ once.. the box came and an auto tranny kick down cable was in the box....

that stinks! :fs1:

luckily i have had great luck with them. i usually use them or autohausaz. now and then they have manufacturer close outs and specials for regular customers. i really like using them.

so it looks like nobody bet on anything besides the fuel pump. since i ordered one, it's pretty obvious that that's what i think as well. i did think i'd get a few bets on some other things though. i guess great minds think alike. :clapping: